Bullet points are my friend right now.
Well, first let me say this. I am watching this stupid show call Big Rich Texas. A size four woman wants to go back into modeling. She met with an agent who told her that she is too big to be a model but that she can be a plus sized model. Are you freaking kidding me? Size 4? You can see her bones and she is a plus sized model? Who decides that someone who weighs oh, 125 pounds is obese? I feel so sorry for all of the young girls out there that are trying to live up to this unrealistic expectations. It is just disgusting. I can say this...even if you are fat you can have a great life. You can be beautiful. You can and will get married to a handsome man. Handsome men actually like women with meat of their bones. You can have children and a wonderful family life. You can be successful! You can eat a chocolate chip cookie with your kids and still be fabulous and wonderful and loving. Arrgh!!! I'm fired up. Can you tell? Sorry...
- In May, BB and I went on a 5 day cruise with my mother and some friends. We were gone for a total of 2 weeks. It was not relaxing at all! It was fun but taking a toddler on a cruise is just not for the faint of heart. I was terrified that a gust of wind would come and sweep her overboard. We stayed away from the railing if at all possible.
- We were home for about 2 weeks before heading to Kentucky to see the in laws. During that time we put our house on the market and had to get it ready for photos, staging, etc.
- While in Kentucky, H got an amazing job offer in Dallas. Long story short, it was a 6 month contract position that was supposed to become permanent and he accepted the offer. We found a rental house and decided to all move together and leave our house in Austin for sell.
- The kids and I got back from our trip to Kentucky and immediately started packing up the house to move the next week. Oh, and H moved the week before we did.
- After being in the new place and getting settled in (as much as possible without our furniture) H found out that the contract was ending early. The company decided not to do the project and H no longer has a job as of August 12. Fortunately he has found another full time job and will start on August 22.
- We received an offer on our house and decided that we would accept. The market is crap, blah blah blah and it's just a sucky situation all around. Good news is that we are closing next week.
- We LOVE the area where we are living now. I absolutely love it. The school system is amazing and we have no doubts about being here.
- I am pursuing colleges here and trying to get into a nursing program in the near future. Is this ever going to happen?
The heat has been out of control...108 degrees today. And it's been like this for weeks. We aren't doing too much other than going to the pool from time to time.
I guess that's it for now. My brain just hit the brakes and my thought process came to a screeching halt!