My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's a boy!!! Edited: Added more photos

We finalized AB's adoption yesterday!! He is officially our son. Not that it feels any different that it ever has. It was literally a 5 minute legal hearing and the judge never even looked at us. And the attorney thought we were adopting BB...so when she got to the part of the paperwork where she read AB's name, she was all confused thinking that our baby girls name was AB. She looked at me like "What is going on!?"..I pointed to AB and said, "we are adopting him!". She was so embarassed and kept apologizing. Don't they even read the paperwork?
AB is so excited and is very happy. He changed his name from SAB to AKB and he loved the silver monogrammed dogtags that we bought him. He's been wearing it since we gave it to him. On the way home from Dallas he said, "I can't believe I finally have a family!". I said, "Babycakes, you've had a family since long before you even stepped foot in to this house!" He just smiled.

So, finally, after months of waiting....I am happy to introduce my son....AB


I am super busy right now and don't have much time to blog. I promise I'll give more details and add more photos asap.


Waiting to go into court! Can you tell he loves this jacket?




Baby sis...chillin in the recliner!


14 comments:

jessica56 said...

Congratulations to you and your WHOLE family! What a perfect day. I really enjoy your blog and just want you to know how happy I am for you guys!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

i totally get him! it's like when you live together and then you get married - it just is OFFICIAL and there's a deeper level of commitment :)

Handsome young man - better watch out for all those girls......... LOL

Kristina said...

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing about this special day. I found his comment very touching - so happy for you and your beautiful family.

jill said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful! He is such a handsome little guy :)

Rebekah said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful!!! What a handsome little guy!

Mrs.Joe said...

congratulations! He is so handsome - you have a beautiful family!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

congrats! I am so happy for you and you family!!!!

Keri Neff said...

I am so happy for all four of you. This has been a blessing in the making for a long time. Congratulations B. family!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your family!!!

Kahla said...

Congratulations, you have some adorable kiddos there!

Melanie said...

I am so excited for you Leah! What a beautiful family you have! Have fun!!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations to you all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the adoption. Both of your kids are just adorable. You have a great family!

peesticksandstones said...

Wanted to send along a belated congrats on finalizing the adoption. This past year has been so full of awesomeness for your family -- and you guys deserve it. Your son's charming-guy smile totally makes me smile, too!