My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

We survived...

spring break...just barely. We didn't do anything too exciting...AB just played with his friends and watched movies. The weather was just awesome so it was nice to be outside. We went to the kite festival here last weekend. It was pretty cool to see all of the huge kits flying around. There were hundreds of kites!




It was a gorgeous day and we had a nice time with friends. BB did great and took a nap on a blanket under an umbrella...for shade. (I had her in her carrier and didn't want to wake her up by taking her out of it....so I let her sleep on it!)






Bird down....hee hee

We visited with friends...



We watched movies...




We went to the park with some friends last Friday. It was a beautiful but incredibly windy day. We had a great time and BB had her first ride in a swing!



We played on the playground...



And contemplated life...well...at least that's what it looked like.




We took photos of  two gorgeous, blue eyed sweethearts...






And my boy flashed that amazing smile...that only comes when he is truly happy...





 We also went to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid. GREAT movie! BB went too and never made a  peep.,..except to talk to the lady sitting behind us. She is such a good baby. 

School started back for all of us today and we are trying to get back into the swing of things. This time change has us all messed up. It gets dark around 8 pm and it is so confusing. I came out of class tonight and saw daylight...just 2 weeks ago it was pitch black when I got out. Hopefully we will all adjust soon.

BB is sleeping better at night. She still only takes about 2 thirty minute naps a day. Doesn't leave alot of time for me to get things done. She goes to bed around 8 pm, is up around 12:30 for a bottle and then up again around 4-5 for a bottle. Then up for the day around 6:30 - 7 am. The longest she has ever slept in one stretch is 5 hours. I am so ready for her to sleep longer..so that I can sleep longer. Not sleeping soundly for 7 months is a little hard on this old body.

H and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary on Wednesday. I can hardly believe that 5 years have passed since we said, "I do". This time 5 years ago we were in Ocho Rios, Jamaica playing in the ocean. What a fun time that was. We've been through a hell of a lot and things have not always been sunshine and roses. Sometimes far from it. Marriage is a crazy thing. I love him dearly and am so thankful for everything he does for me.



I love you honey...here's to many, many more happy years together!

3 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love that you got married in Jamaica - how utterly romantic....

*sigh*

It looks like you guys all had a GREAT time. Your kids are so happy and gorgeous.

BB was Connor at 4 months which is why we started solids so early (although i see on the blogs it seems to be more common in the US. In South Africa it's 6 months - the early starters are an anomaly). That did help stretch that first sleep to about 6 hours.

Also, here in SA we start with cereal not veggies so maybe that's it.

Is she having cereal in the "evening"?

just trying to help - use, don't use, etc :)

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I love all the pics, wish we had such great weather.

I can't wait to put Cora on the swings :)

Kahla said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad that Spring Break was good for you, that kite festival would be awesome! Your kiddos are adorable. Sounds like BB and Emery are on the same sleeping schedule and I'm soooo tired! We have her on solids (started with cereal) and it did nothing to help. I keep thinking I must be missing something, but Chase was never a long stretch sleeper either. Hang in there, this too shall pass!