My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yikes!

I went in for my 2nd IUI yesterday and we did an ultrasound to see what I ovulated. As of 9:30 yesterday morning, I had not ovulated yet. I had 11, yes I said eleven, mature follicles yesterday! WTF?!? I started getting really nervous about ovulating all 11 and then I got really nervous that I wouldn't ovulate at all and then I got really nervous that I would get pregnant with too many and then I got really nervous that I wouldn't get pregnant at all and then....you see my point? My estradiol level as of Monday was 2569 (sorry Bella...=( ). That's the highest it's ever been. I maxed out last cycle at 1042. But i may have already told you that...I can't remember. SO, Doc said if I wanted to come back in today for another ultrasound that she would like to see what's going on. As of noon today I had ovulated 6 eggs. Holy cow!! or chicken! She was a little worried but we just decided that we would deal with things as they come. And then I started getting really nervous.....wash, rinse, repeat. I only had 5 eggies during my IVF cycle. Not sure why this cycle took off like it did but I'm ok with that. This will be our last Inject/IUI cycle before moving on to IVF. I really hope it works. IVF sucks great big donkey balls! I will test that Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Let's hope it goes by quickly. If at least one of these bad boys doesn't fertilize/implant/come into the world in 9 months I want a refund on my girl parts!! Anybody know the return address for jacked up lady parts?

EDITED TO ADD: Did you see this?

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20240095,00.html

I don't know about you, but this just makes me angry. Not necessarily at the he/she but I guess more at the universe/God. This he/she had taken tons of hormones to transistion into a man, grew a beard, etc., but was still able to conceive, and give birth to a healthy baby. Now he/she's pregnant again! Here we are, taking tons of hormones for women, since we are women, to have a baby and we can't!??! I have nothing against her/him. That's not the issue. It's just, well, I don't know! I'm just really peeved about this whole situation. What do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you left out the best part of your appointment today. :)

Try not to worry hon, things will work out as they are supposed to.

Rebekah said...

I'm so sorry!! I hear you on crazy parts...and don't even get me started on the prego man!

LC said...

Dont even get me started on the prego man.

good luck!

stacey said...

Holy follies! GL!

Newfitmommy said...

Go Leah & Heath!!!! Make plans for your own reality tv show...:) Love you guys!!!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

vibes for a good outcome! will keep you guys in my thoughts

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

here is my e-mail: makeitgrandetc@yahoo.com if you ever want to chat.

But to answer your question: yup, we got lots of snow right before Halloween. About 5 inches where I live. We are in far west NJ - very close to PA.

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Oh - and forgot to mention, all the adoption updates are on my other blog - punkypowers