My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Star Trek Anyone?

Just wondering if any of you saw the new Star Trek movie. I have never been a fan of Star Trek, but I LOVED this movie. Of course, it doesn't hurt that there were some insanely hot guys in this movie. Mainly, this one:

I mean, seriously?! What is it like to be that absolutely gorgeous? I wonder if he walks around all day just thinking about how hot he is? Oh to be that pretty and rich!! =)

My husband is a huge Star Trek fan and wasn't a huge fan of this movie. I wonder if had tons of hot girls instead if he would have liked it more!?

But, I digress...

Nothing new on the adoption front. STILL WAITING!! That's all I have to say about that.

This whole baby growing business is exhausting and of course, emotional. She moved a ton yesterday! I felt her all day long. The day before? Barely felt her at all. Today so far? Hardly anything. I thought for sure once the movement started that my nervousness would ease up. Yeah, right. For seconds at a time. =) Last night I was in bed and she was having a party in there. I told my husband to put his hand on my belly and she gave him a good kick! He was all, "EWWW!! Oh my gosh! That is soo creepy!! Ok, I'm done!!". It was so funny. I told him he should have felt it from the inside! Oh, and I actually felt her squirm. It wasn't a kick or a poke or a tap. It was a wave of squishiness. It was sooooo weird!

I'm grateful, I truly am. And I'm blessed beyond words. I am praying that all of you get to experience this one day soon. I think a big milestone for me will be 30 weeks. Only 5 weeks to go!

6 comments:

Kellye said...

Good lord that's a fine looking man. Any way you could track him down and make him mine? Mine, mine!!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I know what you mean about the "squishiness"!!! I just had that with this one for the first time this morning, I had forgotten all about that since the girls. It's really kind of a gross feeling! I hate to say that because I love the idea of feeling them move...but...

jill said...

Saw the movie - it was great! I am a fan of star trek (TNG, not the original one) and I still enjoyed it. :)

That's funny about your husband being weirded out by the kick - I always wonder how my husband would react.

the misfit said...

You know, what I thought about him was that he was so NORMAL looking. Not like, you know, these genetic oddities that you see in movies sometimes. He kind of looks like someone I know...he probably actually resembles a couple of people I know, sort of. Not that he's not good-looking, just, he looked like somebody you could totally run into in the supermarket, and he'd be really nice.

Isn't 25 weeks a pretty cool milestone too, BTW? Viable, right???

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I know Leah, 25 weeks - we are doing great.

Glad to hear your little one is kicking away - my two WOKE my hubby with their 4am parties the other night :)

The Kjendlie Family said...

hello,
i have been following your blog for a few months now and i have a question can u email me at myangels521@aol.com