My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

28 Weeks

Every week that passes is another huge milestone for me. I never could have imagined being at this place. Am I still terrified? Absolutely. It's odd how fears change as the weeks tick by. I find myself not even thinking about giving birth at this point. That doesn't scare me....yet. I can definitely say it's not me I'm worried about. If I don't feel this baby move for a while I start thinking the worst. I know I shouldn't and that people have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies every minute of every day. I've just been out of the norm on so many occasions that my mind tends to just wander there anyway. Sigh... Wanna know my only complaint about being pregnant? It's the anxiety! I never want to complain about the miracle I've been given. I know how blessed I am to be in this place. I will never take it for granted. I just want her to be ok.

I saw the doctor again today. I waited 45 minutes and saw her for 2. It's ok though. My fundal height is on target (that's a weird word. Fundal...), blood pressure was 120/70, weight gain + 2 pounds (for a total of 9). I passed my glucose tolerance test. Woo Hoo!! And received a RhoGAM shot. This was 5th time I've had that shot. I forget how much it stings! Pretty much a standard visit. Hallelujah! I go back in 3 weeks for another visit. Everything is fine. Amazing.

Still no word on adopting AB. My frustration mounts daily. I'm not the kind of person to sit around and wait on things without trying to push it along. But in this case, there is nothing I can do. I just have to sit and wait. The social worker we have now is an area director (of the private agency we are using) and even she can't/won't get anything going. I am really having to pray for patience with this situation. He will come to us when he comes. It is what it is. Hopefully I won't be in labor before we know more! Once again....sigh.

I'm taking one class this summer and it's going well. LOTS of memorization and information. But I like it. I'm so ready to finish school and get my career going. At this point I'll be lucky if this all happens before I'm 40. And speaking of....my 36th birthday is next week. I can't even believe it. I'm closer to 40 than 30 now. I know I don't have one foot in the grave yet, but it really sneaks up on you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching 28 wks! I too find "fundal" a funny word :)

Oh, and Happy Early Birthday!

Ashley said...

Congrats on reaching 28 weeks!! I know what you mean about anxiety and I'm only 7 weeks;)

Kellye said...

36 is the new 21. :)

Love you and your sweet perfect unborn baby!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Congrats on your 28 weeks - yes, my doc also said it's a milestone :)

Hey, my BP was exactly the same on Wed.

What's a Rhogam shot?

And what are you doing to celebrate your birthday next week?

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Congrats on reaching 28 Weeks! I'm so excited for you on everything good that's happening in your life. Happy Early Birthday!

(I can't wait until you are able to hold both of your babies in your arms!)

beth ewing said...

hey girl thanks for your comment. i appreciate so much you saying that you know i feel blessed with my son. so many primary IFers say that i should just be happy with the child i have b/c they don't know what it's like to have secondary IF. congrats on the pregnancy and adoption. that's awesome. you have alot on your plate. praying it all goes well.

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

So sorry about AB, I know exactly what you're going though.

I also know what you mean about being grateful about the pregnancy, but always cautious. I think once you have gone through IF it's just too hard to relax and take everything for granted.

((hugs))

Texas WE said...

Happy Birthday, Leah! I sure hope your week is going well. Prayers for patience going up now...