My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Deal of the day

I can't even believe I am buying baby stuff, but I guess it's about time to start thinking about such things! We bought a stroller/car seat seat from Craigslist a few weeks ago for $100. It is really pretty and I thought it was an amazing deal! It is in great condition! Here's what it looks like:


Well, my husband decided to go by Good Will last night and guess what he found for $49.00?

But guess what? It was brand new, still in the box! Still wrapped in plastic! It's really cute and I was so excited that he actually shopped for baby stuff all on his own! Now ask me what I am going to do with two travel systems...oh and then ask me where I am going to store them!! =) Don't call us cheap! Just call us thrifty!

Nothing else to report. I started my online class this week. It should be...err....fun... Still no word from the social workers. I have another doctors appointment next Thursday and I'll be doing the glucose tolerance test again. I hope it doesn't give me such a buzz this time. Hope all is well with you!

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love good deals! Craigslist and Thrift stores are the best!!

Kami said...

Ohhhh girl!!! You are right up my ally! I love deals! That is an awesome deal! Two for the price of one!

Kami

the misfit said...

That is a GREAT DEAL. Craig's list and thrift stores consume a lot of my time (and some money). I'm a junkie for things other people get rid of :). And those are both super-cute strollers. You could put one in the trunk of each car...or, if that doesn't make sense, you could sell one and recoup the money you spent, right? Or, you have your next baby shower present in the BAG. The possibilities are endless, really.

Also, it absolutely makes sense to start buying baby stuff! I know IFers miss out on the fun anticipation parts of pregnancy (unless what you're anticipating is bad, of course), but you should get to have at least a little! Enjoy it!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

WOW - what GREAT deals.

I suppose I need to do a post on the baby stuff - oy!

White Picket Fences said...

Hey Leah ..

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. It seems we have quite a bit in common! I think for a while I settled into the pregnancy and everything was okay ...but as delivery nears, I'm getting more paranoid ...to the point where I don't even want people at the hospital. It's stupid ..and thank heavens my husband has a rational bone left in his body ..because I obviously don't! I honestly think it's the scars of the losses more than it is anything else. We will see! I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog!
shauna

Suzan said...

OH honey! my entire nursery came from CL. I did splurge on my rocker but I love my nursery and it didn't cost a fortune!check out my blog and see the pics.