My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Little Hands...

I just couldn't resist posting this photo. I was just about to give BB her bath...snuggling her before hand...and she put her little hand right on my face. It was a sweet moment for me. It made me feel like my baby girl was giving me some love! I love this girl!


We visited the doctor again today. BB is a moose! She weighed in at 6 lbs 8 oz. Finally above her birth weight. We are going to see an occupational therapist to see if she may have issues with her sucking. It sometimes takes an hour or more for her to finish 2 ounces. Then she is ready to eat again in 2 hours. It's almost like she's burning more calories sucking that she is taking in. We just want to make sure everything is ok.

My in laws came in today and I'm very excited. I haven't seen them in a year and a half and I love them. So, it's really great to hang out with them. I really need to go to bed. It's 1:20 am, BB will be ready to eat at 3 am and I have to get AB up for school at 6 am. Then I have an 11 am doctor's appointment for myself. Tomorrow is going to be a sleepy day! But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

8 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

She is adorable - cute little hand.

You look surprisingly chipper (do you guys say chipper?) for someone getting so little sleep.

Enjoy the time with your in laws.

BTW< we do get boppy. We call it a feeding pillow.

And P.S. you need to check your email box in your profile - please :)

peesticksandstones said...

So YOU are that one person in a million who actually adores her in-laws... hahahah.

My heart totally skipped a beat when I read about your scare, by the way. So glad everyone is okay!

Kami said...

That picture is so beautiful!! I can not wait!! It must be so rewarding and wonderful!

Kami

LC said...

Just adorable.

Doripink said...

Hi! found your blog through another blog..:) Your little angel is beautiful! Congratz! My little man had a terrible sucking reflex as well. He was 6lbs. 10 oz. at birth (so small as well). I actually found that the wider nipples worked best for him and at 2-3 months moved him to a faster flow nipple. By 6 months, I think he was on a 4 flow (the fastest nipple) LOL...he never spit up, just needed it because he hated sucking. He just turned 1 and he is an eating machine...total sippy cup, adult-food-eating, full-blown walking little boy! LOL..

Enjoy...they grow up WAY too fast!

Unknown said...

I was thinking of you today, and checked the site. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! She is adorable

parminder

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Hi Leah! First off, congrats on your little BB...she is precious!!!! I am so happy to see you're a Mommy!!

Anyway, this is my "seat belt thingy". They don't seem to have my pattern, I guess this is the new one. The picture of EJ has just the seat-belt piece that you use with chairs. The other padded piece is for shopping carts/restaurant booster seats.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3331861

Rebekah said...

There is nothing better than those sweet hands....enjoy every moment. You deserve it ALL.