My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Terrifying Moment

Last night around 11:45 H went to check on BB. She was in her bassinet in our room and was fine. About 2 minutes later we heard her cry ( she actually sounds more like a kitten). I thought that she was ready for a bottle so I told H that I would get her in just a second. Thankfully, he did not listen to me and went in to check on her. She had milk coming out of her nose and mouth, her lips were blue, her face was dark red and she wasn't breathing. H screamed for me, I told him to pick her up and I ran into the bedroom. I had JUST put a suction bulb in her bassinet so I grabbed her, flipped her on her belly, suctioned out her nose and mouth and finally (in a matter of seconds that felt like years) she let out a big scream. H called 911 and they were here in about 3 minutes. Thankfully they are in my neighborhood. She tested out fine, her oxygen levels were perfect, heart rate and breathing were great. But let me tell you, it scared the life out of me. We called the pediatrician on call and asked what to do about feeding her...does she need a little break? Is the new formula still ok ? Just not sure what to do. She said to just keep feeding her (we are trying to get this girl to gain weight!) and to burp her really well and to keep her upright for at least 30 minutes after she eats. I have to call our pediatrician tomorrow to fill them in and we will probably head back to see them.

I honestly do not think I have ever been more scared in all of my life. My 14 1/2 year old dog Molly is most likely on her last leg...and I was just sobbing about that. Then this happened with BB and I was sobbing about that...it was NOT a good night.

So, as you would expect, we didn't sleep very much last night. We propped her up in her boppy and put her between us just in case. I'm not pro co sleeping so it scared me that we would roll over on her. But she was fine. She is fine.

AB is fine too. I wish I could share photos of him with you. Once his adoption is final in February I will be able to. It makes me sad that I can't share more of him with you. But he is just wonderful, and thankfully he slept through the chaos last night. We didn't tell him what happened. It would upset him too much.

So, that's that! Whew!! God please keep my children safe....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had such a scary moment. Glad everything went okay, and hope the pediatrician can help you out with the eating issues.

Poor thing - what a frightening night :(.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

My WORD - I am sitting here, heart pounding, reading it.

Thank God everything worked out beautifully...

Please post a picture of the boppy - I have NO IDEA what it is and it's the second time reading about it on a blog :)

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Soon enough you'll be able to share photos of your precious AB...what is important is that he is home and you are all on the way to finalizing him being yours.

I'm so sorry you had a horrible scary moment. I hope that the pediatrician can help you figure out her eating issues. Sending prayers that you and your hubby will never have another scary moment with either of your children.

Kristen said...

How terrifying! I'm just now catching up on your blog...BB is simply beautiful. Congratulations!!!

Kami said...

Thank you Lord!!!!! I would of passed out!

Kami