My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

2 month checkup

Happy Halloween!
BB had her 2 month appointment today. My teeny tiny baby is now 10 lbs and 6 ounces (her lowest weight was 5 lbs 13 oz) and she is 22 inches long (she was 19 at birth). She is getting so big! She had 3 shots today..boo hiss!! She did the whole hold her breath thing and then scream like crazy for about 10 seconds. Then whimpered for a minute or so. So Sad!! They gave her an oral vaccine and she was not having ANY of that. She puked all over the nurse. Somehow the nurse grabbed her up and flipped her over without getting any puke on BB's clothes. She moved fast!! My poor angel baby.
So, for the last 2 weeks BB has been acting like she is in agony when we give her a bottle. She writhes and arches her back and screams like we are killing her. And when she burps they are pretty wet sounding. The doctor decided to put her on prevacid so hopefully that will help her out. She has not been eating very well either. I can get 3 1/2 ounces in her if I feed her in her sleep. Otherwise we are lucky to get 1 1/2 to 2 ounces in her. I know she has to be hungry. Plus, she's wanting to eat about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours...all....day...and....night...long. My eyes are crossing I'm so tired. My husband got up with her last night at 2 am and the next thing I know it's 5:30 am! I slept for 5 hours straight! I felt like a new woman when I woke up! I got AB off to school and made muffins and emptied the dishwasher and washed bottles! Then I crashed again from 8:30 - 10:30. (Husband was home today).

Speaking of AB...he is doing great. He had to get vaccinations last week too. We both got the H1N1 nasal spray vaccine. I was on the fence about it but my pediatrician (who I trust and respect) made me feel at ease. It is hard to believe that so many people can't get the vaccine and wait in line for hours to get it. And I was able to get it from my kids pediatrician. I wonder who decides who gets it?!? Anyway, AB got 3 shots and was a trooper. They made his arm sore for a day or two but he did great. He has a clean bill of health from his earlier issues too. I did get a call from our counties health department asking all kinds of questions. The infection he had is pretty rare so they wanted to make sure he didn't get it from food, etc. We are still on the "wash your hands" kick and will be until the end of time.

We are meeting with 2 social workers tomorrow. AB's social worker from Dallas is driving in to see me and him. She called today at 4 pm and said she wanted to see me tomorrow. Seriously? Thanks for the advance notice. I should have told her I have things to do. Then we are meeting with our social worker as well. It's really no big deal and it only lasts a few minutes. But I am ready for all of this to be done! I asked my social worker today when we should start working on the adoption finalization. Seeing how CPS has taken their sweet time doing everything we should have started last month! We hope to have it all finalized by February but we'll see.

We are going to have a busy weekend. There is a fall festival at AB's school tomorrow night, then he is going with a friend to a little festival on Saturday. We have to carve a pumpkin and then trick or treating on Saturday night! I don't even have a costume for BB yet. Mother of the year I tell ya! How fun though! This the the closest thing to a costume I've got!
Here are a couple of pics of me and the girl! I am getting old! Look at those crows feet!!
Is it bad that I love the picture of her crying?


Here's BB and her daddy! She loves looking at him and smiling at him! I swear I do make my bed! I just always seem to take photos when the sheets are in the laundry.


2 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

She is gorgeous and no, it's not bad to like the crying shots - I love love love when Connor cries. I think he looks so cute. I actually used to laugh but I stopped that since he may just feel that I'm being rude :)

She's doing great but that 1 - 2 hour feeding thing sounds so much like Kendra, it's frightening. Kendra is doing much better - she has actually hit her feeding goal a couple of times over the last week! I think it's the new formula

Anonymous said...

poor baby - I hope she feels better - and she is super cute!