My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

6 weeks already...

(Let me start by saying, sorry for such a depressing post the other day)

So, baby news! I can't even believe that BB is 6 1/2 weeks old! She has grown so much and is just changing every day. I think she has hit that 6 weeks fussy mark. It's not bad but it happens in the afternoons/evenings. The moby wrap is really awesome to calm a fussy baby. She isn't sleeping as much during the day and is so alert! She actually slept for 4 hours in a row last night. I couldn't believe it! She is eating a little bit more and actually took 5 1/2 ounces last night! That is the most she's ever taken! I was so excited!
What else...ummm...just been busy with the kiddos and running errands and going to doctors appointments, etc. Oh and the small matter of keeping a house and cooking and cleaning, etc. I won't go into boring details. Life is good...I can say that for sure. AB is doing great. He joined boy scouts and had his first outing the other day. He looked SOOO cute in his uniform. He's been such a joy to be around. He's just a happy kid!
So, several people have asked me when I was going to have another baby. If it's up to me, never. I am so thankful for the miracle/blessing of BB, but I just don't think I could do it again. It took 4 years to have her and frankly, I'm an old fart and don't have that luxury again. And, AND you know how crazy I was when I was pregnant. No thank you. Not again. Plus a big part of me feels like it would be pushing my luck. BB is great and wonderful (that's not to say I don't spend my days worrying about her and checking her every 10 seconds to make sure she is breathing...last night I checked on her and touched her hand...and it was so cold! I actually felt a bolt of fear shoot through my chest. I knew she was ok...I could see her breathing....but I almost had a heart attack.) and I am sooooooooo thankful for her. And I have AB and I am soooooooo thankful for him. The end.
Oh!! And something funny. H has the book "What's Happening to Me". It's a book on puberty that his mom gave him when he was a kid. I had it on my night stand and this morning AB came in and was all like "Oh, a book! What's this?!" H and I have already decided that we need to have the talk sometime soon. And even the pediatrician was giving some advice on things. So, when he grabbed the book I was like hey....hang on...let's talk about this book before you start reading it. I asked him if he knew what puberty was and he looked HORRIFIED! He buried his face in the pillows on my bed and wouldn't look at me. I told him that the book was about how his body will change, etc., and that it's no big deal...everyone goes through it...and asked if he wanted to look at the book now or discuss it later. He, of course, chose later. It was just so funny! He was so embarrassed. I tried to act like it wasn't a big deal (it isn't) and told him that we would talk about it soon. Poor kid. = )
And of course, no post would be complete without photos!
Look who is starting to smile!!
Or glare....depends on the moment!

She is so dang cute!!



1 comment:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

She is "dang cute" :) and I also love the glare.

Mine are also not sleeping too much during the day - isn't it terrible when you have to get things done???

LOL at how crazy you get when pregnant. I would do it again IF, and only IF I could have ONE baby on the first IVF - no more money left after all these twin expenses :) Then again, I probably couldn't do it (pregnancy) as beautifully again, because I used to take naps and rest a whole lot with this pg and now, naps are a thing of the past :)