My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a weekend!

I got a call from AB's teacher on Thursday that he wasn't feeling well. I was across town so I made my way to go pick him up. When I got to the school the poor little guy was sooo sick...you could just see it in his face. Of course the first thing I think of is H1N1 and start freaking out. I got him home, put him to bed and took his temperature. It was 103! Fortunately I had a garbage can ready by his bed in case he got sick...because he threw up as soon as the thermometer was out of his mouth. So, he's throwing up, BB is screaming and I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. (Did I mention that I had a cold as well?) I immediately called my husband and was all YOU HAVE TO COME HOME NOW!!
LONG story short, since we don't have a pediatrician for AB yet we took him to an urgent care clinic (his first appointment with the ped. is this Thursday). We thought that if it was H1N1 that we could catch it quickly. Sooo, they decided that it was not flu, strep, etc., but that it might be his appendix. His white blood cell count was elevated and he had lots of pain. He ended up being transferred to children's hospital for a CT scan, observation and fluids for 2 nights! It was crazy! My husband stayed at the hospital the entire time and I stayed with BB. We didn't want to cross contaminate everyone, especially since we didn't know what was wrong. We thought that it might be rota virus but it ended up being a bacterial infection, Shigella. He is doing well now but let me tell you, I was panicked! You know how everyone says when you have a new baby that you freak out about this smallest things? And that once the 2nd and 3rd ones come along that you relax a lot? Well, I'm freaking out about the small things for BB AND for AB! I have newborn worries and 10 year old worries. I had no idea how to handle his fever or what to do. It was horrible! I'm so glad it's over. Ugh... It was a horrible time and I hated that I couldn't be with him.
There is really nothing else going on. Just trying to start getting BB on some sort of schedule. She usually sleeps for 4 hours one stretch of the night. Here's what last night looked like.

9:00 pm - put BB to bed
10:30 pm - fed BB 4 ounces
12:00 am - I went to bed
2:00 am- fed BB almost 3 ounces
4:00 am - fed BB 2 ounces
5:45 am - changed BB
6:30 am - fed BB 2 ounces (also woke up in a panic because H was still sleeping and was supposed to get AB ready for school. Said goodbye to AB and H walked him to the bus)
9:00 am - fed BB 3 ounces and finally got out of bed.

Needless to say I am exhausted. She sleeps well when she sleeps, but she's just up alot. It is definitely getting easier! I can't believe my baby is almost 2 months old! Where does the time go? She is cooing and talking and smiling! I just love it!

Look what makes it all worth it!


The mobile on her little chair is her new best friend.

Look who is just about to outgrow her bassinet!

4 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

my goodness. Sending lots of get well vibes to our little guy.

What a weekend.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

She is indeed gorgeous!

I'm writing a whole post about the smiling....

We also have to put the babies in separate cots now because Connor's too tall. Amazing - my tiny little baby is now fat and gorgeous :)

Poor AB - and poor you I can just imagine how your heart nearly stopped :)

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

So glad AB is feeling better and that you have your babies. Love the smiles and sweetness!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

How scary! Having little ones in the hosptial is NO fun, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. ((hugs)) Glad all is well now though.

BB is SOO cute!!