My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Randomness and Photos

We finally bought BB a baby bed! It is in our bedroom and it looks great!  She seems to like it so far! imagine it's much more comfortable than the pack n play.



The first time in her new bed!!!



We put up our Christmas tree on Sunday. AB was such a great helper!  It's a slim line tree so it doesn't take up too much space. It's very sparkly with all of the ornaments on it.



I have been pretty busy with the holidays and just being a full time mama! It's wonderful. It is so hard to believe that this time last year I sobbed and sobbed because I just knew that I would never have children. What a difference a year makes....I am beyond blessed and thankful.

I start back to school in  January. I'm looking forward to getting the ball rolling but I know it's going to be hard. My husband is going to watch the kids while I take a night class...physiology. It will be hard but I will do my best! Hopefully that will get me an A.

AB is doing great and we are just having the best time. Our little family is bonding and it feels so awesome! We are still shooting for his adoption to be finalized in February. I'm crossing everything I've got!

BB is doing great too. She still eats like a little bird...only 1.5 - 2 ounces at a time..most times. She will take 3 ounces once or twice a day...and then 4-5 ounces (on a good day) on her 11 pm bottle. She has been going to sleep around 6 pm.... there is no keeping her up when she's sleepy. I'll normally feed her around 8 and then again around 11. After her 11 pm bottle she sometimes will sleep for 4...maybe 5 hours. Then she's up every 2 or so hours until 8 am.  I am exhausted and actually got a horrible migraine the other day. H had to come home from work so I could sleep it off. I slept for about 4 hours and was able to function a little after that. I could have slept for 5 days I think.

I have also developed (what I think is) plantar fasciitis. Imgaine the worst pain ever in your heels and walking makes it even worse. Yeah...fun times. That whole exercise thing I wanted to start? Definitely not happening right now. I have been walking my dogs but my heels absolutely kill me when I do. And getting up during the night? I can hardly walk. I don't mean to complain, but it hurts!!

So, here is an adorable photo I took of BB when we were at my in laws house. She woke up about 11 pm and was pretty awake. My mother in law was holding her and she posed like this. It was sooo funny! I took it with my cell phone because it was handy.  I picture her saying something like, "What a day!"


This is a gorgeous Strausburg Children's dress that my mother in law bought. If you have never been to one of their stores, I would highly recommend you go! They have the most beautiful dresses. All smocked and beaded. Just gorgeous!



And finally, tummy time...score!! Normally BB screams her head off when she is on her belly. But today, she actually enjoyed herself for about 2 minutes!


4 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

That quilt is GORGEOUS!!!!!

I love how you say she eats like "a little bird" - too precious and puts a beautiful positive spin on it :)

Kendra is eating better and better - good thing too because she's growing tall but not so much fat (which I love - love the baby rolls).

Yes, amazing isn't it? This day last year my babies were made! We don't have to cry those tears anymore.

Anonymous said...

She looks like she's enjoying her new bed :).

Love the pics!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Love all the pics! Sorry she eats like a bird and gets up a lot. It should get better soon.

Kahla said...

She is adorable! Emery is not a huge tummy time fan yet either, I'm hoping she'll learn to like it soon! Hope you are feeling better soon, that sounds very painful!