My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Biggest Loser....

ROCKS!! I watched the episode tonight, where the final 4 ran the marathon. I actually cried watching them cross the finish line. I have a special place in my heart for this show and it's contestants. I followed this plan (started 2 years ago yesterday) and lost 50 pounds in about 8 months. I worked my rear off at the gym, walked my dogs for miles a day, and was in the best shape of my life. When I first started working out I pictured all of the people on the show, working themselves almost to death to get in shape. My mantra was "if they can do it, I can do it. I can do anything for 1 more minute!" It was hard and I hated every second of working out. But I loved the results. It took longer than most and I hit lots of plateaus where I didn't lose a pound for weeks on end. But I stuck with it and it paid off.

When I found out I was pregnant and had a huge hematoma and major bleeding I was restricted from doing too much. Then I was scared to do anything. I haven't worked out in almost a year. I weigh now what I weighed when I got pregnant...so at least I haven't gained! But I'm soft....so so soft. I decided tonight that there is no room for excuses. I don't need a gym membership...I can do videos. (I've never been more miserably sore than when I did a biggest loser workout video. I couldn't walk for days!). I have no desire to be skinny, but I would like to lose about 35 pounds (yes, I'll still be overweight!). It HAS to be done! I have two beautiful children to get healthy for. 





I'm throwing this out there so that maybe you guys will keep me on my toes....ask me how I'm doing...and cheer me on. Dieting and exercise is not easy...it takes TONS of mental power. I'm ready for the challenge. Anybody with me?

Mom, I think you're nuts!!!
PS. Sorry I can't share AB with you. It won't be much longer!





1 comment:

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Ohhh, me too. I need to lose 27 lbs. Maybe we can be weight loss buddies?

Oh, how I hate dieting! But, I must be done.