My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

4 month doctor visit

Let me start by saying that this past week was just about the busiest of my life.  My friends came to visit with their daughter. It was so much fun! They are awesome. Then my family came..and they are awesome too. But Holy Hell! My 4 year old niece (who is absolutely beautiful) is a tasmanian devil! Run, scream, run, break stuff, run, scream, break stuff, run, scream, get into everything in the entire house! It was just exhausting trying to keep her from tearing my house apart. And my sister? Barely seems to notice. Not to mention the stress it put on my husband. He was a beast too! I could go on and on but I won't. Let me just say that I am glad to have my house back and to have peace and quiet again.

I took BB to her 4 month appointment today. And the first thing the pediatrician said when she walked into ther room was, "have you noticed that her face is not symmetrical?" Ummm...no. I haven't. She said that her left cheek is smaller than her right. She sees no signs of any skull issues and the rest of her body is fine. She said it could be nothing or it could be something. I've looked and looked and can't see a difference. She wants us to go see a physcial therapist to make sure her muscles are working properly. If they don't see anything there, she wants us to see a neurologist. Can I say that I absolutely lost it? Tears just flowed. My sweet angel...who never complains or cries...who is the most precious baby that has ever lived....might have something wrong with her? Every horrible story that I've ever heard flew through my brain in an instant. Most likely it's nothing...but it could be something. I am terrified. I immediately called the physical therapist and made an appointment. I would have gone today if I could.  (BB is napping and lost her pacifier. I went to put it back in and she put both of her hands on mine and just held my hand. Sooooo sweet.) She also had her 2nd round of vaccinations. She was smiling and cooing...and WHAM! Tears and huge cries. She never cries and it just absolutely broke my heart. Plus I was already having a hard time...so the tears just flowed. AB was with me and he cried too! I've always heard that being a mom is like wearing your heart on the outside of your body. It's true... can you see why?





I

3 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

What the hell?!

Those cheeks look perfect to me - just told my husband and he says, "are you going to check their cheeks tomorrow morning (it's 8:35 pm here)?" Of COURSE - if they were awake I'd do it now.

But seriously, I must be blind because she really does look perfect. Please let us know....

XXX

Kami said...

She looks perfect to me too!!!

Absolutely beautiful! I am so sorry you were so upset and also sorry that your sister didn't keep her child under control. My goodness. I would of ran out the front door screaming. LOL

I hope your day is better today! Thinking of you.

Kami

Kahla said...

I agree w/the others, I can't tell a difference. I'm glad it all is OK though (since I'm reading this late and you've already had your appointment). I think BB is adorable and looks perfect!