My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Updates and Sophie the Giraffe

BB went to see the physical therapist today. She is right on track developmentally and the PT sees no cause for concern.  I am feeling a bit better but still want to follow up with the pediatrician. The PT wants us to give her lots more tummy time and to do some neck stretches for her. She tends to favor looking to her right and we need to encourage her to look to her left as well.

Oh, by the way, dear internets. I always thought that when babies rolled over for the first time that it was from their back to their belly. The PT told me that they roll from their belly to their back! Who knew?! I'm sure you did...I'm just crazy.

So, BB had a blow out in her diaper...poop everywhere! I decided that since I needed a shower anyway that I would just take her in with me and bathe her in there. Do you have any idea what it's like bathing a baby in the shower? It's like trying to hold onto one of these...




Remember these toys? They slip through your hands and they are really hard to grasp?! Well, multiply that times 100 and that's what it's like to bathe a baby in the shower!!  Or it could be likened to holding a greased pig. Except more slippery.

I also decided that it was time to get BB a Sophie the Giraffe toy. I've heard great things about them. Babies love them, blah blah blah. They are really cute! But I kinda felt like I was giving her a really expensive French squeaky dog toy.




But now I have a problem. My dog?? Well, she seems to think it's a dog toy too.



She was actually having a staring contest with Sophie.



I've had a dog whining for Sophie since I brought her home. If Patches eats Sophie I will not be happy! Sophie is too expensive for a baby to chew on!Much less a dog!

Look who found her feet! Oh, to be that bendy! If you guessed that her socks are now always wet, you are correct!



4 comments:

Kahla said...

I have wondered if Sophie was worth the money. I'm not sure if we'll get it or yet, I found some neat ones on etsy and I'm torn!

Rebekah said...

Love the "french squeaky dog toy" reference. Ty rolled back to belly first!

Unknown said...

Love the staring contest pic...

Anonymous said...

Our dog is going nuts over Sophie too. He so badly wants to rip her apart. He knows its not his though...at least for now!