My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Snowing!! In Texas!!

(Mandy...this is for you! I know it's not 30 below zero with 10 feet of snow like it is up in Minnesota but it's frikin snowing in Austin! )

So, today we broke a record with our 81 degree high. This cold front blew through about 3 pm and the temp dropped about 20 degrees in an hour. We went to dinner around 7:30 and it was sleeting. I just looked outside and this is what I found! Big puffy snow flakes! I can see it now...people are storming the grocery stores for milk and bread! I'm sure some knucklehead will try to call out from work tomorrow due to the snow!! Ha!!

Here is the forecast: TONIGHT'S AUSTIN AREA WEATHER FORECAST:
Sleet and snow overnight in Austin. Some may stick to grassy areas, but since roadways are still quite warm from Tuesday's 81 degree high temperature, slick roads are not expected. Precipitation will likely end before sunrise.
LOW: 31°

P.S. Oh, notice the snow on the palm tree?

P.P.S or is it P.S.S?? Go ahead... laugh at me! I know it's just a few snow flakes but it's just crazy for it to happen here!! =)







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eee--I love it! I can't believe you got snow! That can't happen too often, huh?
I LOVE the snow on the palm tree--classic!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Love it :)

Anonymous said...

why the heck did you get snow at your house and only 20miles away I had nothing??!! No fair!!!!!!!! I love it though, thanks for the pictues!