My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

You will NEVER believe this!!!



Merry Christmas to Me!

So, let me tell you story. As you know, I took this cycle off to regroup after our last miserable failure. Since my period isn't here yet and I haven't been spotting, Keri (my nurse/friend) told me to go ahead and test. I used a regular old test this afternoon and it was negative. Well, I came back a few minutes later (10-15) and saw a positive. But, I figured it was an evap. line since I waited so long. Keri was coming over and told me she would bring me some digital tests that she had. And what do you know?! It said pregnant! Now, you can imagine my surprise! 40 months of trying and 24 months of working with an RE. Now, I seem to have gotten knocked up on my own. Who Knew?!? Do I feel excited? Well, not so much. This is only half the battle. This is my 4th pregnancy so you can imagine that I'm a little gun shy. I'm thankful, more than you know, that I got this far. It's really, really early and I'm not going to breathe a sigh of relief until a baby is born and in my arms. I had a lab slip in my car so Keri wrote orders on it for me and I went to the hospital lab to have blood drawn tonight. Unfortunately the lab won't be open tomorrow so I have to wait until Friday for results. I'll let you know as soon as I get them.

Oh, and get this. I haven't been taking prenatal vitamins and I've had enough Diet Coke to drown a horse. Plus, I was on a plane last week! I feel like that has been my downfall with the last 2 pregnancies. So let's just keep everything crossed that this will all be ok!

This is sooooo nerve wracking! Please say prayers/send good vibes that everything will be ok and this will be the one that makes it! It's been a long, hard road.

3 comments:

Newfitmommy said...

I'm soooooo excited! A great Christmas miracle! I am praying that this baby will grow, grow, grow!!!! Whoo-hooo! This news has made my Christmas AWESOME!!!! Love you, Kelly

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Holy MOLY!!!!!! I am in tears for you. So super duper excited!!!!

Congrats

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news and perfect timing! I sincerely hope that it is a perfect pregnancy this time around. Perhaps it'll do the trick since it was a natural conception.

Cheers to an amazing 2009 for you and your hubby!