My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thanks

Thanks for your support bloggy friends. I really appreciate it! I was just freaking out a little and needed you guys! Nothing too much going on at the moment. I was so exhausted this morning that I stayed in bed until 11:30. I have had nausea off and on today too. I would like to think it's a good thing but I had it with my last pregnancy too. And, well, we all know how that ended. I'm just trying to remind myself that nothing means anything. And these damn prog. suppositories? They make me freak out because I keep feel something....you know like when your period starts? So, every time I go to the bathroom I am praying there is no blood. I'm 5 days into this and it already feels like a lifetime.

My friend Kelly, over at talking tummies, is driving in tomorrow from Birmingham for a visit! I am so excited that she and her daughter is coming! It's a long drive for her but I couldn't be more excited. I hope she will stay the whole week!

1 comment:

peesticksandstones said...

First of all, congrats and congrats again! No matter what, this is definitely something to savor and celebrate.

Just so you know, I'm almost 15 weeks here and I'm pretty much permanently Smurf-blue from lack of breathing. I also don't think I'll ever stop expecting scary bloody things to happen every time I go to the bathroom, bad news with every ultrasound, etc, etc. Yet -- so far, so good.

A couple things that helped -- 1) try not to compare anything to previous (failed) pregnancies, because truly each pregnancy is unique and it just made me nuts. Also 2) as soon as you see a sac/heartbeat (or reach your next "safe point") get this book: http://www.becomingababy.com/

It shows you new milestones every single day of the baby's life, right from the beginning. I found this gave me a huge sense of accomplishment during the scary early days and still does. Makes it easier to take things "day by day".

Best of luck to you!