My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Doppler has arrived

11:00 - UPS delivered doppler
11:01 - Wrangled dog from inside UPS truck because she just HAD to say hello to the driver.
11:02 - Felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Who knew an inanimate object could cause
so much fear?
11:03 - Tore open box, removed doppler, inserted batteries
11:04 - Squirted gel on my belly and started searching for BB's heartbeat
11:05 - Still searching
11:06 - Still searching OMG WHAT IS GOING ON!?!
11:07 - Heard BB's heartbeat and almost started crying! Whew! Was between 150-157 bpm.
11:08 - Told my husband to lift his shirt and let me hear his heartbeat.
11:08, 10 seconds - Husband says no way
11:08, 15 seconds - I said yes way and probed him anyway.
11:09 - Heard BB's heartbeat one more time, felt a huge sense of relief from my anxiety,
thanked God, and put the blasted thing away!

5 comments:

Newfitmommy said...

Awesome...love the sound!!!! I'm so happy for you, Leah!!!!

Kami said...

Those things are awesome!!! I am so glad you heard it. Now you can listen to it anytime you want!

Kami

Suzan said...

I bought one of those cheap ones, It didn't work worth anything. A friend of mine rented the doppler and it was great! I am glad you got one that would make those anxious days so much better.

Echloe said...

This is the reason I didn't get a doppler. I know I would end up having a panic attack or something. Glad you were able to find the heartbeat.

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Yay! Personally, I couldn't survive a pregnancy without one. They are a GOD send. Glad you found the LO's heart beat fairly easily. Enjoy! =)