My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

All is well...

Today was busy from the minute my alarm clock went off. I rolled out of bed, brushed my teeth, and headed to the lab. I actually ran into one of the RE's from the practice I go to. He looked at me like, "I think I know you...". Keep in mind that I had on no makeup and was wearing glasses. I am not one of those girls that looks beautiful au naturale...believe me. But, I digress..

The girls in the lab are just wonderful and I've been so much that they all know me by name. We all know that my veins are crap and it takes an act of congress to get a few drops. Turns out that they needed 4 vials! I had an infectious disease panel drawn in May but of course the lab lost it. I got two sticks from Maria and not a drop of blood. Then Diana stuck me and got blood both times. I think we got enough for all the tests, including my estradiol levels.
After having my blood drawn I went to my car and noticed that the front left tire looked low. Then I noticed a bubble in the tire. This happened a few weeks ago and I had to have the tire replaced....apparently it happens when you hit a pothole or scrub a curb...which I never do...right hubs?? =) We have warranties on the tires but guess where I have to go? You guessed it...the place that screwed me over yesterday. I knew I wasn't going back there so I found a different one closer to my house. They were able to replace the tire in about 45 minutes. Then I rushed home, got cleaned up and went to my doctor's appointment by 11:00.

When I got to the office I saw something that just made my heart sad. There were 12 women and 4 men in the waiting room. This is a huge practice with 4 doctors and I have never seen it this full. It just made me realize how infertility affects so many lives. I could just imagine what those women and men were going through. I've been through so many downs with infertility and I hate that anyone else has to go through it. I think about the first time patient..coming in not knowing what to expect. Most likely filled with hope and fear all at the same time. Then there are people like me with lots of loss under their belts. Then there are women (one I talked to today) who had their first child through fertility treatments and are pregnant for the 2nd time. I wonder if they have fear that they will lose the baby? My sister is a perfect example of having no fear. She has 3 children, no problems conceiving, no issues during...she never once thought that she might miscarry. I'm glad she didn't! Count it as yet another thing that infertility takes from us. We can't even enjoy being pregnant because we are so full of fear and doubt. We want to be in love with the little life growing inside of us but we are afraid to get too attached...to think that it's real....sigh....

So, back to the original point...I had been sitting in the waiting room for about 20 minutes(which is completely odd...Dr. W is mostly always on time. It's one more thing I love about her!). So I decided to call Keri, my nurse/friend. I was like, "What's going on back there? You having a party? Drinking martinis and getting your nails done?" About that time Susan came to get me and I went on back...hanging up with Keri as I went. We just laughed! See, I tell you...I love going to the doctor! I go in the room and Dr. W comes in...she always loves on me and asks me how I am. She always remember what's going on with me and is a huge cheerleader! Regardless of what it is. We did the scan and everything looks good. I have 2 good follicles on the right and a few smaller ones...and 5-6 good ones on the left. I am still waiting to see what my estradiol levels are to know what dosage of Follistim to take for the next 3 days. Overall, everything is how it should be. I go back on Monday for more bloodwork and another ultrasound. If it goes as it did last cycle, I will most likely be through with shots by Wednesday and do the IUI's Thursday and Friday. My clinic does back to back IUI's for better chances. I'll take all the help I can get!

After I got dressed I went out and talked to Dr. W for a while. We talked about marriage and life in general. I tell you...when this whole infertility thing is over, I want to be for real friends with this woman! We keep talking about having margaritas! She is such a blessing in my world. I know I say it alot...but it's true! Anyway...after the appt. I went to lunch with my girls and had a great time. They let me be loud and dominate the conversation. =) I heart them!
My diet isn't going so great today. Sometimes I just have to have something yummy. And today I had ice cream from Sonic. Take that weight watchers!!! And then the scale says to me....Take That Leah!!! Oh well...it was worth every single bite. YUMMY! Speaking of dieting....I thought I would post some before/after pictures. I never realized how big I was until I lost weight. Holy Cow! Literally! This was after I had lost about 40 lbs. Poor hubs! By the way...isn't he handsome? I think so!!

November 2007 June 2008

No comments: