My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Holy Follicle Batman!

I had a follow up appointment today. The good news is that I have several follicles on the left and several on the right. The bad news is that there is one BIG follicle on the left. It's measuring at 18 mm. For those of you who, may not know, the ideal scenario is for all the follicles to be pretty much the same size. When you have one that stands way out in front of the others, that's not a great thing. Of course, we don't want too many the same size because that's how you end up with sextuplets! The hope is that I won't ovulate on my own before the IUI. We know that I never ovulate on my own but we'll see what happens. We are continuing meds for 2 more days and will recheck on Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure that you have all seen a vaginal ultrasound wand...aka dildocam, vagcam, 2nd husband, etc. If not, here is one for your viewing pleasure.


And, just for fun, here is my view from the not so cheap seats.



I had an easy time at the lab today. She got me on the first try. I have a vein on my left forearm but it is "deep" as Maria told me. This means lots of digging. But, she got it and it wasn't too terribly painful. My pain threshold had increased by leaps and bounds going through all of this.

This is Maria. She is the sweetest person! Today when she came to the door to call me back she just looked at me and groaned! I knew she was coming for me without her even saying my name! Doesn't she just look like a sweetheart?? (holy cow! I just realized how pale I look...reminder...add more blush!)


This is Jennifer. She is the front desk person and doesn't stick me, but she always comes in for moral support. For some reason, when she is in the room, my blood seems to flow faster! We have a whole system worked out..I tell ya!! She is awesome too.

I am really trying to be excited and hopeful about this cycle, but I just can't seem to get there. I am going through the motions but I really don't care too much about it this time around. Don't get me wrong. I really want this to work and to have a baby next summer. But history tends to repeat itself. I don't know...we'll just have to wait and see.
I'm finding it really hard to diet right now. I'm doing the best I can with a few slip ups here and there but it's just hard! Plus the bloat from the shots makes me feel all huge. I have decided that after this IUI that I'm not going to the gym until we know if I'm pregnant. I just want to do everything in my power to stay pregnant if this works. I'm also weaning myself off of caffeine. That's a big job too. But I'll do what it takes. Please continue with the prayers and good vibes!
Off to work on adoption paperwork. I think I was a tad bit overzealous to think that we could have it completed this week!





2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Ugggg....on the pictures. It brought me right back to those un-fun days. I never minded the ultrasound on the first couple of days, but when they had to start going in dry, the closer to ovulation, I dreaded that stick! We only did IUI once and we had 5 follicles that progressed at the same time, for insemination day. I was pretty freaked out over the fact that I could have quints! (But I was secretly hoping for twins or triplets!)

I wish you and your follicles the very best!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to see you today. So "Hi!" I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and anything else that will cross just for you.