My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More useless information...

Tonight was my 2nd shot of this cycle. I am doing 200 IU's of Follistim for 3 nights. I still expect the shot to hurt everytime I give it to myself...but it never does. Hallelulah (that's what my niece says). I go in Friday for bloodwork and ultrasound. Hopefully everything will look just as it should. I gotta tell you, bloodwork is by far the worst part of these cycles. I have tiny little veins that run away screaming when the needle approaches my arm. Once the needle is in, the tiny little sh*t says, "No way...I'm not giving you any blood!". The blood goes into the tube drop...by....tiny...drop. Literally! It takes forever just to get one vial.

On a totally unrelated note, I have been unemployed (got laid off) since January. I have been looking for a job non-stop but nothing is happening. I would love to just not work, but it would be really nice to have an extra income again. We have some debt that we want to pay off and it would make things much easier. So, I'm stressing about all things money related and my car starts making this awful knocking sound on the front left side. So, now we take the dang thing to the shop tomorrow. Cha ching...cha ching...cha ching..

We have talked for quite some time about adoption and finally decided to move forward with the classes and paperwork for domestic adoption. We are working with a social worker and she is the sweetest person. Our goal, while going through fertility treatments, is to complete our paper work, take CPR/1st aid classes, go to specific adoption classes that the state of Texas requires, have our fingerprints done and do a homestudy. I figure this will be a great distraction over the next month. No matter what happens regarding having our own child, we still hope to adopt. We are looking to adopt an older child, between 6 and 10 years old. It's so wonderful to have something to look forward too. I gotta tell you...the questions they ask are something else. I appreciate that they are so thorough but durn! No privacy at all! I guess that's what us infertile folks get as a consolation prize. All aspects of trying to have a family are laid out for all to see! Literally! Who has lost count at how many people have seen their vagina? I remember, during our IVF transfer, wondering why exactly the embryologist needed to see what the doctor was doing! I think there were at least 7 people staring and my girly bits...or as my friend Keri says..my possibles!
Speaking ok Keri, she has a friend that needs prayers/support/thoughts. She's had 3 miscarriages and just went through her first IVF cycle. She is now going through a horrible case of OHSS. She is pregnant but scared to death. She has been in the hospital all week and they are telling her they have never seen a case this bad. She has about 30 pounds of fluid on her and has had to have it drained off of her lungs. Scary stuff! All while trying to keep that baby growing! See what we have to go through to have a baby? And people who abuse their children just keep having them. Arggghhh!!!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I hear ya on the imposing adoption questions! It only gets worse :). We never thought about adoption while going through infertility treatment, but had we, I think it would have made the experience easier, knowing that hope existed. I wish you the best and look forward to following your journey...