My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bizarre Foods

Have you ever watched Andrew Zimmern on the Travel Channel? The show tonight is about Samoa. They eat some weird crap over there! He had this bottle of sea slugs and when he poured it out it looked like snot!! Or cervical mucous (that's for you Kelly Y). Can you tell I'm an infertile when fish guts on tv reminds me of cervical mucous? Nice, huh? So, he took a big bite and this nasty, snotty, cervical mucousy stuff just dribbled on his chin. I thought I was going to vomit! I think he thought he might too. It was nastaaayy!!

I finished my adoption paperwork today! Notice I said "my" paperwork. Hubs still has to do his. I don't know when the poor guy is going to have time to complete it. He barely has time to sleep. Between his work and school and nagging wife he can barely breathe! I love him so much. We have to finish a monthly budget sheet showing how much we spend and on what as well as get tax forms, pet vaccination records, TB tests, fingerprints, etc. The first time I looked at the paperwork it was so overwhelming. But once I sat down and really took it step by step, it wasn't too terribly bad. I realized that Hubs and I don't disagree on too much. Don't get me wrong. We have our fair share of arguments...but we don't have disagreements on things like money, leisure activities, alcohol, etc. It was a nice thing to realize!!

(now Andrew is eating a bat...they shoot them out of the trees and lay them on the fire. Apparently the bats are vegetarian so they don't have to clean them first. Not sure why that makes them clean?? He just got a big mouthful of bat fur. Nice huh?)

Wish me luck at my RE appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I haven't ovulated yet. I realized today that I have gotten pregnant doing an injectible/IUI cycle 2 out of 3 times. I guess that's a good thing...that it actually works. Now if we can just make them stick around long enough to be born. Sigh....

I'll update you tomorrow after my appointment.

If you get the chance check out Kelly's blog...she is one of my dearest friends and is going through an infertility battle of her own. http://talkingtummies.blogspot.com/

Smooch!!

No comments: