My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

What a day!!!

Remember me telling you yesterday that my car was making an awful noise? Well, we took it in to our normal place today and they told me that it needed new struts and strut mounts. Wanna guess how much they want to charge?? $955.00. I remembered that when we bought the car, used, that the dealer replaced the struts. They had to do it twice because the first time they used regular parts instead of Lexus parts. Blah blah blah... So, I went to the dealer where we got the car and a very nice guy named James helped me. He said that if that was the problem that they would help me and just charge me for parts. It added up to about $400.00. But he wanted to just drive it first to see if that was the problem. He didn't think it was the struts and his mechanic confirmed. Point of the story is this. A bolt was loose. That's what was making the noise. So, I went back to the 1st place and lost my mind! I told them that I no longer trust them and who knows how much money they have taken from us in the past. I asked for my $19.99 diagnostic fee back and got it! So, needless to say, it's been a HECTIC day. I'm a nice person and love people, etc. But I will turn into Frankenstein if someone does me wrong. Don't mess with my family, don't mess with my friends, don't mess with me! Heck, I'll even stick up for strangers! It's really bad sometimes...I have to reign it in. I'll be all like, "I'm not scared!! Bring it on!!" And hubs is telling me to calm down...that 6 foot 6 inch man might not like you in his face. I'm sure you get the point. =) Just call me Angel!!


So, more about me. I have a huge love for people but I also have a huge love for animals. I have 3 beautiful dogs and I love them sooo much. Hubs wonders if I love them more than him sometimes. I have Lucy the lovable Rottweiler. I found her on the side of the road 2 years ago. It was about 105 degrees outside and she was just pitiful! She weighed 40 pounds (full grown) and was all skin and bones. She now weighs in at a healthy 80 pounds. She is my lap dog! Then there's Patches. She is the cutest, nosiest dog I have ever seen. Her name is quite obvious!! See black/white dog below. Then there's Molly. She is my old girl...13 1/2. She is the perfect dog. So loving and sweet and obedient. She never really learned how to play so she's kinda awkward when we try. She lived in my grandmother's backyard until I took her many years ago. She's in the lap of luxury now! I would have a farm with horses and hundreds of dogs if I could! One can dream.... Oh, and speaking of dogs, I have to walk them everyday. They know when the time is coming! They start spinning and getting restless...it's quite crazy! I take the 2 younger ones on a mile and a half walk every day....and Molly only gets a short one. She can't go too far anymore.





I go back to the RE tomorrow. Nothing to report yet but I will post after my appointment. I am having lunch with all the nurses. Keri is my nurse and we became fast friends! We talk everyday and hang out. She had a baby 6 months ago and he's such a doll. He gives me my baby fix on a regular basis. Such a sweety! Keri is an awesome girl and I just love her. I think about how horrible it is to go through all of this, but if I hadn't, I would have never met my girls!! I'm friends with all of them! We usually have about 8 people that go to lunch together. It's fun. And it makes it fun to go to the doctor. Just so I can see my girls! I'm also glad that I am able to help my BFF Kelly go through all of her junk. You should visit her blog....http://talkingtummies.blogspot.com/ We've been friends forever and have been through a lot together. This is just one more thing to add to our list. Too bad it couldn't have been something more fun....like winning the lottery together!


I take my 3rd shot tonight. I remember when I first started the shots. I was a nervous wreck and took them at the exact same time every night!! Now, I forget to take them and have to set the alarm on my phone! How things change. It's really no big deal anymore! It's much easier to have my RE tell me what to do and when to do it. I really don't have to do too much. Heck! The last time I got pregnant we didn't even have sex! Hubs wasn't even in the room! hahaha


On the adoption front, we have our CPR/1st Aid training on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. Then on October 2 we have a match picnic to meet case workers of the children in the system. It's really so very nice to know that we have options! I know I've already said it but it's true! I love having this to focus on. I just need to get focused on the paperwork! It's gonna take a while. Hopefully we can get through it in the next week or so. That might be a little ambitious though!


I hope everyone in the blog world is having a great day. I am wishing the best for everyone. I think about you guys everyday...and I don't even know you. All these blogs I've been reading....it's like your my friends that live right next door.


XOXO

1 comment:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I have added you to my blog roll :)