My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

34 weeks and Adoption

Insane! I know I say this every week but I can't even believe I'm here. I went to the doctor today and everything looks good. Here's my question...how can I gain 10 pounds in 31 weeks and 6 pounds in 3 weeks? I know that I'm within range, etc. but dang! I've got to put down the fork. My NP is not a bit concerned and said I'm doing really well, that women always have a jump in the 3rd trimester, and not to be too hard on myself. Have I mentioned that I love her?

I asked her if there were any tests (NST, etc.) that we could do to ease my anxiety. She said that we could do another ultrasound at 36 weeks to make sure everything is still ok. I did find out that at my last ultrasound that the baby was in the 33rd percentile for weight. She said she looked perfect, inside and out and they see no reason for concern. I'm not going to freak out about the lower weight...I know ultrasounds can be a pound or more off. I was a HUGE GIGANTIC baby (9lbs 5 oz) but my husband was a teeny tiny baby...just over 5 pounds. Maybe she just has his tiny little genes! Anyway, we'll check on her again in 2 weeks. My belly is measuring 33 weeks but again, they aren't concerned.

In adoption news, we have no news. I got an email last Thursday saying that we will have our meeting in Dallas on July 27 and that we need to be there for 2 days. That's it. No details. At all. Now, it's not like we can just hop in the car and be there in 30 minutes. This is about a 3 1/2 hour drive. Is the meeting early in the morning? If so, we probably need to go to Dallas the night before. Will we actually meet AB on Monday afternoon? Will we have all day Tuesday with him? Where is the meeting? What hotel do we stay in? What does the meeting involve? How do we prepare? Who will be there? Is our social worker going? See my point? Not to mention that my baby shower is this weekend and I will have family here. Am I going to have to leave them at my house alone on Sunday night? Oh, and do I need to board the dogs an extra day? The more I type the more angry I get. And no one seems to give a crap about the details! One more thing to be concerned with is that school starts for him on August 25. Baby is due September 2. I must be crazy. (In my defense, we thought he would be here no later than June)

I hope everyone is doing well. Off to study. Only 3 more weeks left in this semester. God, please let me pass!!

1 comment:

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

I'm so glad that you are almost there. I hope that they give you information on the little boy. I would think having him settled in before school starts (and before his little sister is born) that it would be better for him and you and your husband. That is alot of change in a short period of time for a little man.

Good luck and I can't wait to hear more good news from you!