My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tidbits of information

I left another message for my social worker today...y0u know...since she hasn't returned any calls since Monday. She finally called me back and said she got a voicemail from AB's social worker that said our meeting is scheduled on Monday from 11 - 1 a particular office. I asked where this was and she said "good question". I'm assuming it's at the SW's office but I don't know for sure. That was all AB's worker left on the voicemail. I mean, are you serious? Oh, and get this...she is on vacation this week and just happened to check her voicemail. Whaaat? Was she even planning on contacting us at all? I'm just over her! And I have to see her on Monday. I really want to punch her in the face when I see her but that might not be a good idea. I just can't believe how poorly she has treated us. When this is said and done I plan to pitch a big ole fit to someone!! Fortunately, once AB is with us we will have a new social worker in Austin.

On a good note, we will be seeing AB on Monday! And again on Tuesday. I'm guessing it's going to be hard to leave him behind but I'm hopeful that he will be with us soon. We'll see how that goes.

I am truly very excited to finally meet him. It's been almost 5 months since we got that initial call. I know, in the grand scheme of things, that it's a short amount of time. But, it has felt like an eternity!

I've been thinking alot about him and his history. It saddens me to know how much we missed out on and how many questions he will have that we can't answer. Things like how old he was when he first walked. What he looked like as a baby. I'm guessing he doesn't have any baby pictures of himself. How old he was when he lost his first tooth. I have no stories to tell him about himself. It just makes me sad that his birth mother took so much from him because she couldn't deal with her issues. I can't fault her for that....I'm sure she's pretty miserable. I hope and pray that his transition is smooth and that he's not terrified of what lies ahead. I can't imagine what is going through his mind right now. He is moving to a new city, leaving his friends and family behind, and moving into completely uncharted territory. It breaks my heart for him. I just hope that we can be the parents he needs and do the right things for him. He has no idea how much he is already loved by these total strangers who are going to become his parents.

I look forward to updating you after we meet! It's going to be a busy weekend! My baby shower is Saturday and my mother, sister and 2 nieces will be here. Then we head out early Monday for Dallas and will be there until Wednesday. Pray for us!!

4 comments:

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Maybe you can make a journal or write him letters he can read when he gets older or start a book marking his 'firsts' when he's with you. Video/audio diary is good, too.

I know it isn't the same as him having a baby book, but it may show him just how much you guys love and care about him especially since he isn't with you yet.

In case I don't get to tell you before you leave, Good Luck and have a safe trip.

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I can't wait to hear all the details!!!!

Have fun at your shower :)!!!!!

Texas WE said...

Prayers going up now for peace and patience! Blessing to you and your growing family. :-)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

thinking of you today - enjoy your baby shower :)