My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We FINALLY have a date....

Sort of. I put together this detailed blog entry earlier and then my Internet connection failed and I lost it. Let's just say that my morning was filled with frustration about AB's adoption. I spoke to my social worker, emailed his social worker and contacted yet another social worker. I found out that AB does know that he is going to be adopted. He is excited but keep asking why it is taking so long. *****CRASH***** (That's my heart breaking into a million pieces. Poor little guy. )

His social worker sent a list of dates for us to have our first big meeting. The earliest they can do it is July 27. I told her 5 weeks ago that I couldn't travel past 34 weeks and that puts me at 35. I called my OB today and they said as long as everything is still going smoothly then they will allow me to travel. The social worker mentioned waiting to meet until after the baby comes but I absolutely put my foot down and so there is no way that is going to happen. We will have to spend 2-3 nights there. Why you ask? Because we will be meeting AB then too! Finally! After 4 months, we will get to meet our son! We are still waiting on all of the details to be ironed out and this is of course, tentative. But I'm very hopeful that this will actually happen then. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I'm so, so excited that you're finally going to meet your son!

Praying that you're well enough to travel then :)

Thanks for your comments on my blog - am feeling much better today!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Yaaaaay!!! I'm so excited for you! Here's hoping it's a smooth trip all the way around.