My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

31 weeks

Sorry I've been a slacker. My 11 year old niece is visiting for a few weeks, plus I'm in school. So, needless to say, I've been busy! Nothing too much to report. I go back to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to schedule another ultrasound in the next few weeks. Just want to make sure that BB is still doing ok. Oh, and this movement thing is all of a sudden very different. It went from jabs and pokes to full on belly shifting and bouncing. I mean, I can actually see it moving. My niece asked if I could see feet or hands through my stomach. I told her that I doubt that would happen because I've got waaay too much padding on my belly! It's still cool though. I never imagined I would actually get to experience this.

We are STILL waiting on word regarding AB's adoption. I called my social this week and told her how upset I was that she hasn't contacted us AT ALL. She apologized and said she would do better..blah, blah, blah. We were told last week that we should have our meeting scheduled by the 2nd week in July. Still haven't heard from anyone. We can't just drop everything and go to Dallas. I mean, my husband does have a job! They promise us that they will work with our schedules but who knows what the heck is going to happen. Still frustrated. At this point I think the earliest he could even be in our home is the last week in July. I swear I'm going to be in labor when they decide to send him here. It really makes me mad. He should have been here long ago. Same story, different day. I feel like I keep repeating myself!! I can only travel for 3 more weeks. Not sure what's going to happen then.

On a different note, MY BABY SHOWER is in 3 weeks. HOLY COW! I'M HAVING A BABY SHOWER! Once again, something I thought I would never get to experience. I'm still not quite convinced that I am pregnant and all of this is happening to me. Hopefully I'll feel like it once the baby comes.

I guess I will leave you with a belly picture. It doesn't look as big without a maternity shirt on. I find that strange, but oh well! I am wearing a maternity shirt in this one.




5 comments:

Kellye said...

The baby shower is going to be quite the shindig. Seriously, people will be talking about it for weeks. :)

You look awesome by the way!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

You look absolutely awesome. You have nice big (healthy looking) baby bump and such a wonderful mommy glow.

I'm so excited that it's getting closer for you and I hope that someone gets a fire lit under their bum to get your little boy in your home NOW! He needs you as much as you need him. It's a shame that the social worker can't see that.

I hope they go all out for your baby shower. I do hope you post a few pics afterwards.

Sending lots of love, strength and support.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

You look absolutely beautiful!!!!

I only wish you weren't stressing and had AB with you already!

Big hugs to you :)

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

yay for a baby shower!!!!!! You look great. I have to agree with you. I too look totally different in an actual maternity shirt.

Great color for you

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Leah, I didn't know if those cots would fit - I'm not great spatially (and that's being kind to me).

Our aim is 36 weeks, less than 5 weeks away.

Lalalalala (that's me in denial)