My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Quick Update - our boy is gorgeous!

We survived!! The past 6 days have been a whirlwind and I am absolutely exhausted. Family came in on Friday, baby shower was Saturday (and I just felt kinda off/not so great most of the day), Saturday night was spent sorting through all of the amazing adorable stuff! Spent more time with family on Sunday and did baby laundry, etc. My sister was amazing and helped me with so much. She even cleaned my house for me while husband (let's call him H) and I took the dogs to the hotel for boarding. Was up til almost 1 am doing last minute things and then got up at 5 am to drive to Dallas. Whew!



We met AB and he is just the sweetest, cutest thing. He has really bonded with H and actually asked him on the second day if he could call him dad. I couldn't be more thrilled about this. The bonding will come with me...it will just take a little more time. He's never had a dad! He is so courteous and helpful and everyone only had good things to say about him. We spent lots of time with him and his foster mom (imagine Maxine from the greeting cards) and she was awesome. He is excited about being adopted and about being a big brother. He waved goodbye to the baby every time we left. Too Sweet!!! He and H swam yesterday (the water was waaay too cold for me!) and had the greatest time! Today we spent a few hours at his foster home and H and AB wrestled for at least an hour! It's just been awesome! I'll give you more details later but just know that it's been an awesome experience. We hope that his social worker will bring him to us no later than next Friday. We should know by Monday when he is coming.

I was worried that someone (mainly my old man H) was going to get hurt! It was like Friday Night Smackdown in the living room!!!

I'll post a few shower pics later but just know that it was beautiful! The diaper cake that my friend Keri made looked like it was from a magazine! I can't even imagine tearing it apart! I felt so special and honored. I shed more than a few tears!

More later...I promise!

6 comments:

Kami said...

I am so happy for you honey. And super excited!!! I can't wait until he is yours and in your home. Well, he is already yours but you know what I mean! LOL

Kami

Ashley said...

So excited for you!!

Keri said...

We are so happy for you and "H" finally getting to meet "A" this week. He is such a cute little guy. Cannot wait to meet him!!!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

I'm so thrilled for you and H and even happier that A is bonding already!

Congratulations Mommy!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

So happy that you had such a great visit :) I am sure you can not wait until he is in your home and it yours forever!

the misfit said...

I'm choked up reading about your son. I can't imagine how hard being a foster child must be, and he is so blessed to have a family like you!