My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Updates: Long Post

Last week was so busy and crazy! I feel like I am just now recovering a little bit. I think I'll update by category...too much going on!



Adoption

We really had amazing time with AB last week. We are missing him more than I thought we would. I am calling his social worker today to fight for information. Her supervisor has been on vacation for 2 weeks and is scheduled to return today. She has to talk the the supervisor before she can do anything. Go figure. We hope to have him here by the end of this week but I hate to make plans, especially working with this woman!


AB is so sweet and courteous! He smiled the entire time we were with him and he is just so very excited to start his new life. We took him to Rain Forest Cafe, to the mall, swimming at the hotel pool, to the movies and out to eat several times. Like I said in my last post, he really attached himself to H (my husband). Several people have asked how I'm dealing with the fact that he didn't do the same with me. I can honestly say that I am perfectly happy with how things turned out. AB needs a dad and I am so happy that he felt so comfortable with H so quickly. H felt the same way about him! The bonding will come with me...I have no doubts. We have talked to him almost every day since we've been back home. He likes to tell us about all of the bugs and lizards he's caught and what he's been doing. His foster mom lives out on a bunch of land so he can go outside and play and ride his bike. He doesn't have any little friends around so he's really learned how to entertain himself. =( His foster mom is really a great lady. She's retired and smokes like a chimney (outside thankfully). Her house is spotless and she requires the kids to keep their rooms clean as well. She has taken such good care of AB and we are so grateful. She's really kinda gruff on the surface but you can tell she is a loving, nice person deep down. She called yesterday just to make sure that I'm doing ok and resting enough. =) I think she will be a lifelong friend!



Last week was a little strange as far as meeting AB and taking him with us. The social worker gave us the foster mom's phone number and told us to work out visits with her. Not one person checked on us the entire time we were with him and the only reason I talked to anyone is because I called them. After our meeting was over we took AB with us, spent some time together, and then took him to his house (which is about 45 minutes from Dallas). I'm glad we didn't book a hotel room ahead of time! We just talked to his foster mom the entire time about plans, etc. She's clueless too! No one has even told her when they are planning on bringing him to us. I will never understand this system. It all worked out fine, but it was just weird. We are just ready to have him here and to get him ready for school, etc!



Baby Shower

It was just absolutely gorgeous! I was so overwhelmed by the love and support that my friends have shown me. One of my long time friends from Alabama was in Dallas the same weekend as my shower and decided to take the 3 hour drive to Austin just for the shower! So sweet! I'll just have to show you the pictures!

So, I've been trying to upload photos for 30 minutes and blogspot is being stupid. This is all I've got for now. My patience in running low! Arrrgh! I'll try to post more at another time.

Pregnancy

I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday. Still terrified daily but knowing that she is almost here helps. I will have another ultrasound and appointment on Wednesday and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her again. I'm feeling her move more (most days) than I was. It's not jerky like it used to be. More like shifting. Sometimes it feels so weird that it takes my breath away. I'm very grateful for every movement! My blood pressure has been fine and I haven't had any swelling...yet. I am having trouble sleeping. I toss and turn alot and get leg cramps all night long. Then my hands fall asleep and I can't hoist myself up to turn over. Patches, my cute little white dog with the black eye, jumped on the bed uninvited night before last and snuggled right up next to me. I needed to turn over and she was in the way and I got stuck! I had to wake up H and grab his arm so I could move! How do women with multiples deal? I can barely move with one! We'll see what the next few weeks hold. Only 4 weeks to go. Hopefully my sanity will last until then!
School
One more week...and one more exam. This class has been challenging to say the least. It's all memorization with no rhyme or reason. I'm doing ok for now. I just need to do really well on the next exam for at least a B in the class. Wish me luck!
Family
We finally have our house back! It was nice having everyone here but it's even nicer having a calm house. I know this will not be the case for much longer. Especially since we will have 2 kids here soon! My mother is coming back on August 28 and staying for 10 days. Then my in laws will come for a few days. I think my mother in law will stay about 2 weeks. At least I hope she does. I don't see them often and I really miss them!
That's about all I've got for now. Hoping to hear back from social workers today. Just left another message. I'm doubting I will.

1 comment:

the misfit said...

That is a heck of a lot of adventures - especially for someone who's about to have a baby! I pray all the red tape vanishes and AB is home for good by the end of the week!