My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

36 week update

We had another ultrasound today and BB looks great. She weighs 6 pounds and is still in position. The tech said that her legs were long. If you know me or my husband, this is a miracle! We both have short stubby legs and have always said that our baby will probably just be a body with feet!! =) I was glad to see her again but of course, she had her feet and hands in front of her face. We did get to see a foot and watch her stretch her toes. It was really cute.

I had a doctors appointment after the ultrasound as well. I saw a nurse practitioner that I haven't seen before. She was awesome and so sweet. They always ask about AB (notes about adoption in my chart) and when I told her the story she had tears in her eyes. She was precious and so excited for us. The room was really hot and I felt a little weird. My blood pressure was up a little so they decided to put me on the blood pressure monitor for a few minutes. Once I cooled off it came back down to normal. I just have to check it at home every day to make sure it's still ok. I actually lost 2 pounds this time (yippee!!) so I'm at a total gain of 14 lbs. We'll see what the next few weeks hold. Still no swelling but again, things can change quickly! She did a cervix check and I'm already 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced! What? So, little BB could come at any time! I also talked to her about my anxiety and she mentioned that with the progress I am making, if BB doesn't come earlier, that we could possibly schedule an induction at 39 weeks. (No judgements, please! I've been through too much!) I still have to talk to the doctor and I need to talk to my husband before decisions are made. I just do not want to go past the due date...chances of still birth increase drastically when that happens. I'm not one of these want a natural childbirth, no pain relief, sit on a bouncy ball, let's just wait and see what happens kind of people. I can appreciate everyones perfect idea of giving birth. My perfect idea is getting BB out safely, with as little pain as possible. That's it.

AB is so excited about coming. I talked to him yesterday and let him know. His foster mom called me to tell me some more things about him. She rules her roost and has firm rules for her kids. I can appreciate that. She said that she doesn't allow sneakers in the mud. Not sure why she wanted to tell me that! I assured her that no mud exists in Austin. Your shoes will get dusty, but not muddy! We haven't had rain in 2 years! She also told me that she doesn't allow him to take food or drink out of the kitchen. She doesn't want messes in her house! =) She's a hoot!

6 comments:

Kellye said...

Oh my goodness. We've been waiting so long for baby girl that I'm thinking we should schedule the induction for 37 weeks and 6 days...just to be safe. :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

absolutely no judgement from me!

you do whatever you need to do - it has been a LONG road.

And well done on 36 weeks - I so wish I could have been here with you - but i'm with you in spirit.

The Girl said...

I am bursting with joy for you right now. Loves and kisses, see you tomorrow.

the misfit said...

SIX POUNDS? Kicking, screaming babies in diapers and bonnets come in that size! You're practically there!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

No judgment from me, either! You do what you have to do to protect your baby and yourself. Six Pounds! That's excellent! I hope you and your baby girl's health stays in great shape and you both have a safe and successful delivery!

Yay for AB! I'm so excited that you are being blessed twice. You're house is going to be full of laughter and pitter patter of little feetsies!

Texas WE said...

Congrats on the great news all around. Please keep me posted if you need anything. Let us know when AB arrives as we would enjoy meeting him.