My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

T minus 16 days

We are officially having this baby on August 26 (unless she comes before then!). My doctor agreed to the induction and I am to check into the hospital at 6 am on Aug. 26. She also ordered weekly ultrasounds until then. Nothing is wrong, but she knows how absolutely terrified I've been, and wants me to relax a bit. It was shocked that she wanted to do them, but I'm ok with that! So, between now and then? Twice weekly doctor appointments, breastfeeding class, going to see Wicked with my husband (so excited!), getting my hair done, AB starts school (which involves registering him, buying clothes and school supplies). You get the point! I'm excited and nervous and am praying non stop every day that BB is ok and that she is born strong and healthy. My nerves have just been shot to heck for so long that I am at a point of just not feeling like I can take it anymore. It's ridiculous, I know! I had another melt down last night. Just sobbing and sobbing. I guess part of that could be hormones, but most of it is fear. Only 16 more days, only 16 more days.

This past weekend was just jam packed! We had a good time getting to know AB and he seems to be pretty happy. He and my neighbors little boy met on Saturday and have been joined at the hip ever since! They are the same age and about the same size and same temperament. I'm so glad that he has a little friend! And they live right next door! Awesome! This has been a very interesting journey. I really didn't know what to expect with AB coming and really had no clue what we were going to do when he got here. We just knew that he was supposed to be with us and that we would figure it all out. That seems to be exactly what we are doing. We are all just learning the ropes and trying to figure out our places in each other's lives. We will have lots of time to bond and figure it all out. One day at a time is my motto right now! We haven't had a magical bonding moment where all is right in the universe. It's little moments of his snuggling up under my arm on the couch, or him holding H's hand. There is this little person that we don't know wandering around and sometimes it takes me completely off guard! It's such a strange thing! I can only imagine how AB feels. He's got 2 adults that are his parents, he doesn't know us at all! He's got 3 big dogs that he is trying to not be afraid of, a completely new world for him! New house, new bedroom, new clothes, new school, new rules. When I look at it from his point of view I just simply can't imagine! He's a resilient little guy, that's for sure.

We have lots to do this week so I better get busy!

4 comments:

jill said...

So excited for Aug 26th! That's great that everything seems to be going well with AB. It's got to be such a trying time for you three. I can't imagine.

I saw Wicked (assuming you are speaking of the broadway show) and it was AWESOME!! Have lots of fun!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I am totally putting this on my calendar!!!!!!

Yay!!!

Jessica said...

My youngest was born on this day!! Praying for a healthy baby!!

Kellye said...

I wish that the 26th wasn't a Wednesday so that I could be there with you. But we'll be there with bells on as soon as we can.

I can hardly wait!