My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

38 Weeks

All is well. I had an ultrasound yesterday and fluid looks good, baby is showing breathing movements, and I was told she is a happy baby. Great news to hear! I went to the OB today for my last weekly visit. I can't even believe it. I have made no progress in 2 weeks...still around 1 cm and baby is still pretty high up. My NP encouraged me to walk a lot this week. Considering I'm on my couch as much as possible that should be a challenge! The more I'm up the more tight and uncomfortable the belly gets. It's the strangest thing. It doesn't hurt really, it's just as tight as a drum. The only other time I'm uncomfortable is when I'm in bed trying to roll over. It's quite the production! I guess my pelvis is shifting because it's really sore....but only when I'm lying down. Pregnancy is weird, huh? Wonderfully weird!

AB is doing great. He is just the sweetest boy! Very thoughtful and helpful. He won't let me pick up anything and even wants to carry my purse for me. I told him that I hope he is always this sweet to me and to those around me. He promised he would be and we shook on it! He just needs encouragement. The other night I asked him to do something...maybe put laundry away or something little, and he said, "I just need you to encourage me to do it!". I said, "OK, it won't take long and it will be easy.....yadda yadda yadda." It was just sweet. We saw the counselor on Monday and it was nice to know that we have someone to help us navigate the waters. I've really bonded with AB and he has been very loving and precious. H is trying to spend as much one on one time with him as he can too. Of course, he works so much that it's hard. I think they are going to do something this weekend..maybe go to Sea World or something...before the baby comes. It's been a precious journey so far and I can't wait to see what the future holds!

I'll keep you posted as things progress. My life getting crazier by the moment but I couldn't be happier! I'm finally a mom!

1 comment:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I'm beyond excited for you. For this pregnancy just going beautifully and for AB finally getting to come home where he belongs.

You guys are making memories together and I'm glad he'll be able to welcome his little sister together with you and H.