My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 7, 2009

He's here and he's all boy!

I only have time for a quick update. AB is here and has settled in nicely. We have a ton of things to do, like laundry and sorting through his things, registering for school, buying supplies, etc. He's only been here 4 hours and has already caught a lizard and put it in his little lizard habitat we bought him for our first meeting. Why oh why did I buy that? Poor lizard...hopefully he will let it go. He's outside right now with H looking for crickets to feed it. Like I said before, I don't stand a chance!!

He's a cutie and I think he's going to do just fine! He said he's really happy to be here and he loves his room! He asked to see his room the minute he walked into the house! He's a bit overwhelmed by all of the dog love but everyone will adjust.

So, as I am finishing up this post, AB walks in and drops something on the desk. He's all, "What's this"? It was the tiny tail of a tiny gecko. BARF! He let the lizard go but it lost it's tail in the process...what in the world?!? I'm in for quite a wild ride!! =)

5 comments:

jill said...

Congratulations on bringing your son home! You are doing such a wonderful thing.

I think some lizards can detach their own tail as a defence mechanism (then grow another one). Maybe that is what happened :) Too funny!

Sonya said...

So glad he's FINALLY there! Welcome to the world of boys! Hang on, it's a wild ride!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your son! (Thank God you'll have a girl soon to help balance it all out!) I'm so happy for your family! Absolutely thrilled that you're finally able to tuck your son in at night and will soon be able to tuck your daughter in, too!

the misfit said...

First I was wondering where he found a lizard, but after you mentioned the gecko I realized you live in a much different climate. Good to hear he's settling in so well!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I am so happy that he is finally there. And, yes - you just figure it out.

I know it will be great figuring it out as you go.

:)