My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baby Bliss....

Let me start by saying that I've been thinking about all of you so much...especially those still dealing with trying to have a baby. My heart aches for you and I never want you to forget that. I pray and hope that your dreams come true.

Since I am so busy I'm going to stick to bullet points.

My C section was terrifying. I am so grateful that everything went well and that BB is healthy. Words can't describe the relief I felt the moment I heard her cry. Then to hear that she was perfectly healthy was more that I could stand...the tears flowed! She's 6 pounds, 6 ounces 19 1/2 inches longs and tiny! She actually dropped to 5 lbs 13 oz on Friday night. More details to come.

This baby is amazing. She is so beautiful and I can hardly stand to put her down. My friends and family have been wonderful and I couldn't ask for anything more. My mother has been here since Tuesday to take care of AB and the house. Once again, amazing. AB is doing great. He loves his sister and is so helpful. He seems so much bigger now seeing how BB is so small! Having her makes me love him even more. It's such a strange and wonderful thing.

H has been frantic. He is so loving with BB and it melts my heart to see him love on her and talk to her. He is doing a great job but he is so scared he will hurt her. The nurse even told him that short of dropping her, he won't hurt her. It's not like her head will pop off! I love that he loves her so much.

Breastfeeding isn't going so well. BB latched on and was doing great for about 24 hours. Then she latched and wouldn't suck. She's been such a sleepy baby that we have to fight to wake her up. The nurse checked her blood sugar and it was below normal. They immediately gave her formula and did a blood serum test. Her poor heel was stuck so many times. Her breathing was getting a little labored as well and she couldn't keep her temperature up. They finally took her to the nursery for a few hours to make sure she was ok. Long story short, she is fine but we are having to supplement with formula. I offer her the breast for about 10 minutes at each feeding, and she will suck, but not enough. I've been pumping and getting about 1/2 ounce each time I pump (since last night). It's not much but I feel better giving it to her. We will see the pediatrician tomorrow morning. BB is looking a little yellow today so we'll have to see about that. She's been taking a bottle and hopefully is getting enough to eat. She's not eating very much.

We finally made it home late yesterday. It was nice to get home! I have to force myself not to do too much. If I'm up and about too much my incision starts burning like fire! Overall, I'm doing great.

So, I can't think of too much else to write now. Brain is mush. I'll leave you with some photos and update more later. Let me know if you have specific questions! Thanks for your support and sweet comments. I really appreciate it!!














10 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Leah! I love this pictures!!!! I need to send your pump to you! Pronto!

jill said...

Oh my gosh she is beautiful!! Congratulations a million times over! I'm so happy for you :) That flowery outfit looks so cuddly!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

She is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you and I hope that she starts eating and perking up. When your incision starts hurting try putting a pillow next to it. Not that I would know personally, but a dear friend had c-section and she said that putting a pillow against it helped ease the pain a little.

Please email me your address so I can send you, BB and AB a couple of things I have for for you all.

Much love and I'm thrilled with such joy that you finally have your family!

Kellye said...

Oh my goodness...I fall in love each time I see that sweet face. So precious!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

typing with one hand while feeding K :)

she is gorgeous Leah! love love love those cheeks.

yeah! we have babies!!!

take it easy with moving around and heal properly - i am feeling very old lately...

Anonymous said...

She is just gorgeous! Congrats again :)

Kami said...

She is so beautiful!! Congrats to you and your family!

Kami

peesticksandstones said...

A belated congrats -- and wishes for a speedy healing. Hang in there with the BFing. It is shocking how bad it can be at first (for just about everyone), but it's also amazing how much better it can get eventually, too.

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I love the pictures!!! She is beautiful

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!!!