My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Breech Baby!! WHAT?!

You read that right. We went in for an ultrasound this morning and as soon as the wand touched my belly the tech said, 'This is a breech baby!'. What? She has been head down in the right position since at least 32 weeks! She decides now to get in the wrong position? Joy to the world! So, there goes my scheduled induction! I was sent down to my doctor's office and we decided to do a c-section at 7 am tomorrow! I had not even wrapped my brain around an induction and now we are dealing with a c-section!

BB had been moving like a maniac for about 2-3 days. She's normally not a huge mover. I never thought that she would be turning herself around! She's been pretty still for the past 2 days so I guess she's pretty well cramped in there. She is doing fine on ultrasound and we actually got to see her practicing her breathing motions. Her bottom is down and her head and feet are at the top of by belly. I guess this explains the breathing difficulties and stomach pain I've been feeling! To think...for the last few days when I thought I was poking her in the butt, I've really been poking her in the head! Poor BB!

More to come tomorrow!!! Holy Cow!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Midwives have been known to move breech babies with those belly bands. Do they want to try moving the baby?

White Picket Fences said...

My life has been super crazy lately so I've been absent from the blog world (Hubby broke his back)! Good luck tomorrow! Honestly - my C-section was the easiest thing ever. So. Freaking. Easy. And best of all? You get a live baby at the end of it. Good luck, sister! I'm so excited for you ...and for all of the excitement with AB! I know it's not an easily travelled road ...but soooo worth it in the end!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your c-section :). I can't blame you for just wanting to get that baby out already!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Good luck on your c-section! You're little girl isn't even out yet and already has her personality shining through! I can't wait to hear your good news. Will be keeping you and BB (and your boy and hubby) in my thoughts and prayers for a very easy transition for this little girl to arrive.

the misfit said...

Wow! Praying all goes well with the c-section!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Wow - that is a change in plans! Either way, you will have your baby girl tomorrow!

Good Luck tomorrow - can't wait to meet your little girl :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

This is such fun - all the IVF babies being born :)

BB is like my Connor - who had massive movement and then was breech and then didn't move position again.

You'll be fine and the main thing is to get BB out, right?!

Can't wait to see her pic!