My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

If all else fails... (EDITED TO ADD)

*** Just got an email from the social worker. The date is set for July 27. Woo Hoo!!! YAYAYAYAY!!! *****


call your state representative. Or so I've heard.

We still do not have a date set for our first adoption meeting. I've been bitching and moaning about this for how long now? Broken record? So, at the prompting of a friend, I decided to call our state reps office to see if they could help. I spoke to a very nice man and he took down all of our information. He said he would contact Child Protective Services to see if he could find out what is going on. I assured him that we were not trying to be vindictive or a tattle tale and that it wasn't about us. We are very concerned about AB and he is our main priority. He said he completely understood and would do what he could to help. This is the first time I've actually felt like someone truly cared about this situation. Hopefully he won't disappoint. He said he will try to call me back tomorrow but at the latest, Monday. Again...we'll see.

Oh, and get this. I got an email from my social worker BG yesterday to see if I have heard back from AB's social worker, HP. Seriously? She's asking me if I have any news for her? What is wrong with these people?!!? I shouldn't be in the middle of this!

Ok, on a different note before my head pops off....

Thank you for you sweet comments regarding my last post. I feel a bit better. I think that getting it off of my chest helped in itself. My friends have been awesome cheerleaders for me and love me despite my craziness. Thanks girls! I finally went through all of the baby clothes my sister gave me. There are over 75 pieces! Gowns, onesies, dresses, footed onesies, pants, shirts! This baby will never wear the same thing twice! I have them sorted and now I just have to wash them. They are such cute clothes and I really did imagine what she would look like wearing them. Especially those little onesies. There is nothing cuter than a bulky baby diaper butt covered in a snug little onesie. = )

My baby shower is next weekend! My goodness! I thought the day would never come and now it's just a week away! My mom is actually going to drive in, mainly to pick up my niece, to be at the shower. That will be nice. My sister was supposed to come but there is a little drama going on and I don't think she's going to make it. It's all good though.

I'll let you know what happens.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

So glad you have a date!! I was starting to wonder what in the world are those people thinking??!! I don't understand why they've held you up so long---utterly ridiculous for that little boy to be in limbo like that! Prayers for you!!
Sonya in NC