My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

I don't THINK so!

Last night I was doing the usual job search on Craig.s List when I found this great ad for employment. It seemed like something I would really enjoy so I applied. I noticed that there was an email address with the company name in it so I thought I would check it out. Well, guess what it was?!? It was an abortion clinic! What the crap! I just sent this resume in and have applied for employment at a abortion clinc!?! Now what do I do? So, I sent another email telling them to please disregard my resume and that I have no intention of working for a place that performs abortions. (Now, I know that people have different attitudes regarding abortion but that is not what this is about. If you have pissy comments just keep them to yourselves!) I am pretty certain that all of you girls going through infertility can agree that seeing pregnant women get abortions on a daily basis wouldn't be too good for the psyche. I might lose my mind and end up in either a) jail or b) a mental hospital.

In other news, I have officially entered the 2 week wait. I am scheduled for blood work to check HCG on October 17. We'll see how it goes. One day at a time, right? Oh, and my ovaries feel like they are the size of watermelons. Very uncomfortable. This happened in May and it took about a week to feel normal again.

Hubs just got home and is going to walk the dogs for me...since I don't feel well. I am in the office with the dogs and he is in the kitchen. He just said the word "walk" and Patches and Lucy almost had a coronary. They bolted out the door! Even if you whisper the word they go nuts! They crack me up.

So, how in the world are ya?

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Abortion clinic? Crazy! Even if I wasn't dealing with infertility I could NEVER work in that environment...how depressing! And how bizarre that you applied for that job...of all the jobs!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

yay for the 2ww, sucks about the job thing. I would never be able to work there. I would try to convive all the pregnant women to just give me their baby - is that wrong?