My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Life On Hold

It's amazing how little I have to talk about if not talking about my ovaries and vagina. This waiting phase is boring...and I feel like I'm wasting precious time. It's necessary, I know. But I'm tired of waiting! I know you understand.

As you know, I've had a really hard time finding a job. I've been a "homemaker" for over 9 months now and I see no end in sight. So, I have decided to go back to school. Yes, I know...35 year old in a class of 18 year olds. I'll seem like their grandmother! I wasn't able to finish my undergrad due to the fact that I was POOR! But, I kept getting great jobs and never went back. I realize that I should have finished and that I might not ever find a job if I don't! So, I have decided to become a nurse. There is always a need and no matter where I live, I will be able to find a job. I will have a few pre-requisite classes to take, but I hope to get into the nursing program next fall. I have applied and am getting all of my transcripts together so we'll see how that goes. Please send good vibes my way! My goal is to start classes in January.

I realized that I have spent the last 3+ years holding off on things that I want to do. I keep thinking..well, what if I'm pregnant? What if we have a baby? I realized that I can't keep putting my life on hold waiting to have a baby. I've wasted so much time. If I get pregnant during all of this, wonderful! But I will deal with it if and when the time comes. Plus, it's nice to focus on something else.

I finally went back to the gym on Monday. On Tuesday I could barely lift my arms. I went to the doctor for a TB test and Tetanus shot yesterday and even the stethoscope on my chest was painful. That'll teach me not to work out for 2 weeks. I'm going again today to work on legs. If I don't post for a few days it might be because I can't walk to the computer!

2 comments:

LC said...

I totally understand!

I've been on hold for a long time too. This last cycle I decided not move ahead...its been the best cycle I've had.

I finally just had to accept that I can't control it and move on.

Best of luck in moving ahead!

Rebekah said...

Boy, do I relate to life on hold!!! I am constantly saying, "but what if...?" I thought that would end with adoption because most of my "what ifs" surrounded pregnancy, but not so! My mom wants us to fly to PA for Christmas, but I think, "What if we get the call?" or "What if we have the baby, but can't leave?" We're forever in a holding pattern...well, hopefully not "forever!"

Hang in there...