My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

9 weeks 6 days

Everything is still going ok. I can't even believe it. Met with my OB's nurse today...seemed like a waste of time. When I made the appointment last week she said she was going to send my for a scan right after my appointment. Did she make the appointment? No! She asked me if I could come back tomorrow but after seeing me almost freak out she said she would make it happen. She also had me to a 1 hour glucose tolerance test. My mother has adult onset diabetes and they want to check me early. I drank the sweetest, oh my gosh my teeth are going to fall out, drink I've ever had. In about 10 minutes I felt like I'd been drinking. I literally had a buzz. So, had my blood drawn (2nd time since Monday!) and went upstairs to ultrasound. The tech was just awesome and the first thing she did was check for the heart beat. I thanked her for not making me wait. Ichabodette (or should I just call her Bodette?) is doing great! She was wiggling and moving. It was amazing. The heart rate was 180 bpm and measurements were all great. They did an abdominal ultrasound but I wished they would have done a vaginal one. She never quite got the picture she was looking for but didn't want to do the vag cam because of the clot. I'm like HELLO! I've had 5 with the clot! I digress.... I'm sure the not so great pics were from my not so flat belly. Speaking of the clot, it continues to shrink. Still there but smaller.

I decided to do the 1st trimester screening. I mainly want it so I won't have to wait until 20 weeks to do another ultrasound. That seems SOOOO far away. Heck, 12 weeks seems soooo far away. Hopefully by then Bodette will have grown enough to be seen well!

I'm still having to use the progesterone supps. My levels vary between 20 and 29 every week. Until they stay above 30, on their own, I'll have to use them. I hear that the placenta is supposed to kick in at about 12 weeks so hopefully the numbers will start to rise. It will be nice not to feel so squishy all the time!

This is all so weird to me. I mean, me, pregnant, and so far so good. Who knew? I felt a sense of relief for about 10 seconds after the scan but then the freak out tried to creep back in. I'm fighting it!! I see my OB next Thursday. I wonder if I can get a scan out of her? Hmmmm....
When can I hear the heartbeat with a doppler? Keep in mind my not so flat stomach.

I hope that I keep having nothing too exciting to report. That would be fabulous!!

Oh, and my mom is doing great! Thanks for your good vibes!

6 comments:

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Such good news! I'm glad things are looking good. I heard my babies heartbeats at 7 weeks and I definitely didn't have a flat tummy. I would say to keep trying.

Good luck and take care of you and baby.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Oh Leah, you are soooo like me :)

Today is a week since I was released to the normal OBGYN and I'm wondering how I'm going to survive for another 2 weeks before seeing a scan!

ASHLEY said...

HELLO, I FOUND YOUR BLOG A FEW WEEKS AGO AND AM JUST SO EXCITED FOR YOU. I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO WANT A BABY SO BADLY. I WAS ABLE TO HERE MY BABIES HEARTBEAT WIH A DOPLLER AT AB0UT 10 WEEKS. ALSO, AFTER HAVING A MISCARRIAGE AND BEING TERRIBLY HEARTBROKEN WHEN I GOT PREGNANT AGAIN I BOUGHT MY OWN DOPPLER AND GEL SO THAT I COULD HEAR THE BABY AT HOME.I BOUGHT MINE ON EBAY FOR 125.00. I LISTENED TO MY BABY GIRL UNTIL SHE WAS BORN. IT HELPED ME MAKE IT THROUGH THOSE NINE LONG MONTHS.

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Great news!!!! Can't wait to follow in your footsteps

Jill said...

This is all good news, Leah! Hang in there with the progesterone. My hormones kicked in at 10 1/2 weeks and was able to get off all meds at that point. Hope you make it there soon!

Sonya said...

I like the hearts and baby ticker better....Praying for you!!