My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fun Weekend

I have been sooo busy this week! My mother, grandmother, and 2nd grandmother (my grandmother's best friend) all came to visit this weekend. They got in LATE Friday night after driving all day. It's so nice to have them here. He went to San Antonio for the Rodeo yesterday. I hated to leave my family but we'd had this little trip planned since Christmas. We went to the River Walk and had lunch and went to the Rodeo last night. It was a blast! We got home really late and everyone was sleeping.

This morning I woke up to the sound of something sizzling on my stove. It made me feel all happy! My grandmother (keep in mind she is southern...deep south southern) was frying potatoes, for breakfast. And let me tell you, they were GOOD! I only had a couple and opted for cereal instead. But dang! YUMMY!

Remember I told you that my mom had a hysterectomy? Well, her incision hasn't healed up and she told me that she had an "area" that wasn't closing. Well, I thought it was a small area, you know, like an inch. Needless to say, when I saw it I almost hit the floor! If I would have known how bad this was I would have never let her take the trip down here! It's about 4 inches long and 3 inches deep and 2 inches wide. I don't know how she can even breathe. She's a trooper! I'm trying to spoil her and just let her rest. She said she's enjoyed sleeping since she's been here. Poor mama!

I'll post pictures soon. Gotta go hang with the fam!!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Your poor mommy. I hope she gets it looked at when she gets back. I miss my grandmothers southern cooking. She doesn't like cooking anymore! I hope you have fun!

Kami