My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

100th Post, 15 weeks, Adoption Update

I'm not sure why the 100th post is so special. But, I see people celebrating this milestone all the time and thought I would join in. Who knew I had so much to say? =)

I heard BB's heart beat again today. In the past it has sounded more like a swooshing sound. Today it was more like a thumping one. The nurse found it right away and as always, my eyes got teary with relief. Heart rate was in the upper 150's. 16 week OB appointment is next Thursday.

And now, the big news of the day!! I got a call from our social worker, Amy, today. The staff meeting to determine who will be the best fit for our little guy is tomorrow! I thought for sure it would take a few weeks to get everything set up. But nope! They are meeting at 10 am tomorrow. Our social worker can't make the trip to Dallas, but she we attend the meeting via conference call. We will find out tomorrow if we've been chosen to be his parents! Holy Cow!! That would be so awesome!! I told Amy that while we would love to be his parents, the most important thing is finding the best match for him. We may not be it. And if we aren't, that's ok. He comes first. We have already committed to parenting a child that comes to us. It just needs to be a good fit all around. I'll let you know what happens!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've told you this before, but I love the ticker at the top of the page. I check your blog daily just so that I can see it getting closer and closer. :)

I'll be thinking and praying tomorrow morning. Let us know as soon as you hear something.

Wes and Summer said...

wow that's a lot going on! I'm glad your pregnancy is going so well. :) Can't wait to hear more about the adoption.