My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

No more P4! Finally!

I think I've set a record. I've been shoving progesterone up my hoo ha since the day I found out I was pregnant! I am so thankful for it and I have not doubt that this is the only thing that kept me from miscarrying. I just never imagined that I would have SOOOOO many issues with my levels. But, I'm happy to say, the level went from 22 up to 27 up to 31.9 over the last 3 weeks!! I have to check levels one more time and God willing, they will still be up there. I have been trying to figure out how many blood draws I've had since I've been pregnant. At least 17 but most days I have to get stuck at least twice...mostly 3 times. And in the beginning especially I was getting blood drawn at least 3 times a week. I'm guessing it's about 40+ times since December 24. Fun times, huh? Thankfully I see the same girl every time and we have a system down. She no longer wants to pass out when she sees me come into the lab!

I'm home with the doggies this weekend. My husband went to visit family for his grandmother's 90th birthday party. I'm so bummed that I can't be there. The whole family is there and I love his family. But I'm not even putting my little toe on a plane until after this baby is born. I'm waaay too paranoid since 2 of my miscarriages happened right after flying.

Speaking of dogs, they are stuck to me like glue lately! I love it but if I take 2 steps they take 3. And having 3 dogs doing this gets a little tricky! I was cleaning out AB's future closet yesterday and I literally couldn't move without a dog under my feet. I finally put them outside and closed the dog door! But then the dogs didn't realize the interior door was closed and all of a sudden I hear this big THUMP! Patches tried to come through the dog door and almost knocked herself out. Poor dog! But I have to laugh!

Here is a pretty good picture of what I'm talking about!!




Hopefully we will hear from our social worker this week and find out what the game plan is for AB. It's so odd how he is already such a part of my "life". I think about him and the baby all the time. Mostly at the same time. I've started looking at boy clothes and bedding. I find myself looking at the toy department wondering what kind of toys he will like. It's just the strangest thing! I've never seen this little boy and the only picture I have is a year old. But I'm already falling in love with him! I'm so excited that he is coming to us! I can't even believe that my dream of adopting a child is actually coming true. Just like I can't believe my dream of having a baby is coming true. I am so blessed! Even if BB wasn't baking in my uteroven I would still feel blessed with AB! I still have an overwhelming fear that the bottom is going to drop out of everything. I'm just praying constantly that it's all ok!

4 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Yay for a girl. Yay for P4! And you WILL fall in love with AB...I am already so in love with Lil J. It will be so fun in your house!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

We are so alike - I also said to my hubby, I'm not going on holiday since our bleeding scare in January..

However, am now rethinking because our anniversary is coming up :)

Suzan said...

OH Leaha! I am so glad we reconnected! I am reading about your journey and I am constantly remembering you guys in my prayers. You will be a FABULOUS mommy! Love you!

Dora said...

Wow! What a story! Congrats on being done with P4.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I just got another comment that has me paranoid, even though I blog anonymously. Since you used the evil company's initials, I am deleting your comment. Once I send in the appeal, I will probably delete the entire post. Thanks for the info!