My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So Far So Good

So, first ultrasound looked good. There was a fetal pole and a yolk sac. (I was worried that we would be missing these rather important components.) I am measuring 6 weeks 1 day and am right on track. Dr. could tell that I ovulated from the right ovary (which is the side where the ectopic was). So, we know the tube still works. Dr. wasn't too worried about the spotting. It has been happening at night and she feels like it's just from me moving around all day. I'm still supposed to take it easy for a while. I literally felt like my heart was going to jump right out of my chest. It was just pounding! I felt better, of course, after the ultrasound but I also realize that we aren't out of the woods yet. I go back next Wednesday for another ultrasound. We should definitely see a heartbeat then. God, please let us see a strong, awesome heartbeat...please, please, please.

On a different note, we have submitted our home study for 2 different children. A 10 year old boy and a 6 year old girl. They are both from the same area and when our social worker submitted the home study for the boy, the kids case worker thought it was for the girl. She even said that she liked that the girl and I both had green eyes. Awww...that touched my heart. It's the little things, huh? Anyway, our social worker asked if we were interested in the girl and we said yes. The kids case worker already had our info so she just made it official. Now, we wait. They are both in the Arlington area (Dallas) so it would be easy to drive there to visit with them. We are excited!

I go back for more blood work on Friday. Hopefully everything will still look good.

3 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

that is exciting news - on both fronts

Anonymous said...

Be sure to show me their profiles this weekend!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

That's such great news. I'm pulling for you on all fronts.