My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

What a week!

My friend Kelly has been here all week and we have had a blast! How can time go by so quickly? Her daughter is so cute and we had such a great time catching up. We did a little bit of everything! The weather was so warm and gorgeous and we just loved being outside.

First, we went to the capital. It is the largest in the country and open to the public. So, we roamed around for a while!
Sorry, it's crooked! Beautiful, huh?

Then we had lunch at a place called Hula Hut. It's right on the lake that runs right through downtown. It was so much fun!


After lunch we went to Barton Springs Pool. It's a spring fed pool that is about 68 degrees year round. People swim even in the winter. We didn't swim, we just walked around. Imagine how pretty it is when the trees are green!


Me and little Mackenzie!

Here is a site that NO ONE should ever have to witness. Just be glad you didn't see him laying on his back! OMG!!
One more view of Austin! (this was taken last summer but I wanted to show you in case you've never been here!)

On Thursday we headed to San Antonio! Welcome to the Alamo!


The grounds are so beautiful. Here is me and hubs! (we are great photographers, huh? crooked, blurry!)



My wonderful friend Kelly and her daughter Mac.

Then off to the River Walk! I never get tired of going here! We ate lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and then walked around for a while.

More River Walk...







The church bells were ringing right before we took this picture!
Looks like fun, huh?
On a different note, I am feeling like crap today. YAY! I'm grateful for that. My first ultrasound is scheduled for Wednesday and I'm already having heart palpitations just thinking about it. I pray that everything looks good. They told me that I shouldn't expect to see a heart beat but I am praying that I see a strong one! It's early but that would be fabulous! I will go back in for bloodwork on Monday. My doctor says going weekly is fine, but I don't think it is. I'm going about every 5th day. I would rather get my estrogen and progesterone checked more often than not. So, I'm just going to have it done!
I hope you had a Happy New year and that this year brings you much happiness and babies/children galore!

1 comment:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I am totally jealous that you guys have spring weather in Jan. Nothing like that here.

You look so great in all the pics - you have the "glow" !!!