My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 9, 2009

Still Pregnant...for now

I went in this morning for an ultrasound. Going in I wasn't nervous because I felt like this was already over. I think everyone around me was more nervous than me! Anyway, she started the ultrasound and the first thing I noticed was this huge black blob. Doc confirmed that it was a huge blood clot. Then she said something that completely took me off guard. She said, "Well, the pregnancy is still there." I almost fell off of the table. While this is great news, it still doesn't give me much relief. I realize that this could go either way. Either it will be ok or it won't. Oh, and to add insult to injury, my dr. saw some type of mass that was pushing into the sac. She said she has seen polyps that will do that but this didn't look like a polyp. She has no idea what it is but she knows it wasn't there on Wednesday. Great, just perfect! Now we wait until next Wednesday for another ultrasound to see what's going on. She told me that she doesn't expect me to have gushing blood like I had yesterday. She said I will most likely have some dark red bleeding though. I am supposed to take it as easy as possible, especially until the next ultrasound. We didn't see a heartbeat today, but I'm not so sure she even looked for one. Everything was measuring right on track but I am still really nervous to see that heartbeat. I know some women see them right at 6 weeks but I'm not one of those people. Arrgghh.
Oh, and my diagnosis? Threatened Miscarriage. Anyone feel a sense of relief with that looming?

4 comments:

Paula Keller said...

I just clicked over here. You've been through so much! I really hope this one works out for you!

My RE couldn't tell which blob was the fetal pole, he pointed to two possible sites, saying "it's either here or here". He is the vaguest doctor I've ever met, and I always have tons of questions after I go home and think about it. He hinted that things were a little behind in the development area, but didn't say what I was measuring.

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Ugh - this is just torture

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Keeping you and your little one in my thoughts and prayers. i'm hoping you get to hear the heartbeat next week.

Rebekah said...

I am so sorry...you must be feeling rotten. How unsettling to have no idea what is going on! Thinking of you and hoping for better than good news next week!