My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Well, this is different

Keri (my BFF/nurse) came by tonight to hang with me. She brought her little boy and he always cheers me up. So does she, but you know, there's nothing like baby kisses to brighten your day. Anyway, she called the lab to get my blood work and you know what? My HCG went from 14 thousand something on Tuesday, to 22 thousand something tonight. My progesterone was 42 and my estrogen was above 400. I asked her if I did miscarry if the levels would drop quickly and she said yes. We clearly aren't out of the woods yet. There is a chance that everything could still be ok. And there is a chance that everything is not ok. Can we say waiting game? I am still bleeding although it's not as heavy as earlier. I have heard of people bleeding like crazy and everything is ok. I just can't imagine that I'll be one of those people. Let's hope I am. Keep what you've got crossed!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Increasing number is a GREAT thing. Praying for you. Hang in there. Hope all is well and that bleeding stops!!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

I'm hoping and praying it was just a scare and that you are still pregnant. Hoping that bleeding stops and your numbers stay where they should.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your number increased. But I'm equally as sorry that you have to deal with this stress. This should be such a giddy and exciting time and it just sucks that you don't get to enjoy it like so many non-IFers do.

Hoping for the best and praying that your little bundle is thriving!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

increasing betas - especially at that high of a level - are a good thing.

Ugh - I hate that you have to have bleeding which of course adds to your stress level.

Hoping you are "just one of those people" who sometimes bleed during pregnancy.

{{HUGS}}