My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Transfer care? Huh??

You got it. I've officially been kicked out of my RE's office. She told me that she is transferring my care to my ob. They will still monitor my progesterone and I'm to call if anything comes up. I'm grateful for everything they've done for me and so happy to be at this point, but I'm also sad. They have been my family for 2 1/2 years. We've been through so much together! My RE and I had our tearful goodbyes and they all wanted to throw me a going away party. It was sweet.

Ok, so the great news is, baby Ichabod/Ichabodette is doing GREAT! She (I think I'll call it a she...feels like a she) is growing and looks so cool. Her heart rate was 183 up from 150 last week. I could actually see the pumping of the heart as I heard it beating. It is amazing how much she's grown. I asked to hear it again and she abliged! We could see the placenta and the umbilical cord. That little mass is still there but still hasn't grown. We think it's a non issue. Oh, and in other good news, the clot is smaller. The sac has grown so much that it's a little bigger than the clot now. BIG relief. I just can't imagine being at this point. The road ahead is long, but I finally feel excited for the first time. I finally have a due date! September 2. My RE said this is the first time she's felt a sense of relief since we started this process. That's why she didn't give me a date sooner. She feels very confident now that everything should be ok. From her mouth to God's ears!

I called my OB's office to schedule an appointment but had to leave a message. Not sure when they will want to see me. How am I going to make it without my weekly ultrasounds? =)

Oh, and I have a nasty cold. Started with a sore throat and cough and now I've started sneezing and have a stuffy nose. I know that I can take meds, but I really don't want to. If I have to break down and take something what would you recommend? I know Sudafed, claritin, tylenol products, robitussin are all ok'd by my ob. What do you think? And the drainage from my nose is making me feel horribly nauseous. The pregnancy nausea had been pretty mild this week but this is just gross.

4 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

happy graduation!!!!!!! So exciting!

stacey said...

Glad it went so well. I bet it's bittersweet to "graduate."

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

How awesome! Happy Graduation! That beautiful little heartbeat makes it all worthwhile.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Leah, we are exactly the same. My due date is also 2 Sept although because of the twins they will come out earlier :)

I've also been "released" and I don't know how I'm going to go 3 weeks before seeing the next guy.

I said to DH last night, "I'm sure Dr J won't mind scanning me next week. He knows how crazy I am!"