My, how she's grown!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still going strong

I made it to 8 weeks with flying colors! Hubs got to go with me today and I was really happy about that. As soon as she put the ultrasound wand in I saw that little flicker. I was able to relax a little after that. Everything looks really great, heartbeat is strong, and we have appropriate growth. That little heart beat sounded so awesome! The little growth thing is still there but it hasn't grown any. Whew! I'm not too concerned about it. It could just be a wrinkle in the uterine wall or something simple. At least it's not changing. What did change, however, is the HUGE ASS blood clot that is still hanging around. It has grown quite a bit in a week and a half. The good news is that it's below the baby, right on top of the cervix. If you have a clot, that's the place to have it. My doctor doesn't think that I will bleed out like before. Especially since it's a very tight clot. I'm having brown discharge nastiness but that's completely expected. I'm still supposed to take it easy. I go back again next Wednesday for my weekly ultrasound. =) Still praying that everything will be ok and very thankful that all is well so far. Oh, bloodwork on Monday was good. Estrogen was above 500 and progesterone was 23.5. Looks like I'll stay on twice a day vag. suppositories for a while now. I'll do whatever it takes! I will have weekly blood draws for who knows how long.

I normally wouldn't post an ultrasound picture, you know, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. But, I wanted to show you the clot. See that big black blob at the top of the photo? That's only half of the clot. The baby is just below that. The clot is like 4 times the size of the sac. Ominous, huh? Not the best picture...can't see much detail here like I could on the actual sono. I'll try to spare you the photos from here on out!




On a different note, I started classes yesterday....microbiology. I'm pretty excited about it! It's going to be a good distraction. I think it's going to be pretty intense though. Lots of reading for the class and lab. I'm going to feel like a scientist! My math class is tonight. It's college math so it's going to be very different from say, college algebra. I think I'm going to have tons of word problems, which is my weakness. I'll just have to dig in and do all I can to make A's! It feels so strange to be a student again. I'm old!

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I feel like if I can get through this 1st trimester that I'll be able to breathe, at least a little.

2 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

yay for a good u/s - sucks about the clot though. Still keeping you in my prayers!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Oh, I soooo get you :)

The other day my hubby said, when will you start relaxing? I said, i really don't know. It still doesn't feel real until I hear those precious heartbeats :)